Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

16 minutes ago, BlueMike2021 said:

Yeah, confirmed in another thread by Alex. Nuts! So, unless anyone has the suitable F9 file for v.3.0 20204, I think that's me stuck where I am now..?

That can’t be right. A 2018 Ford unable to update maps. There will be a way. 

I'd hope so, but if I can't get the update from Ford and no one has it online...

I took a look at the Cyanlabs site, but that only seems to offer SYNC (and maps to suit) from 3.4 onwards.

If you watch the video, you'll see a drop-down box, where you can choose download versions, prior to 3.4.

When I use the Syn3 updater as shown there, every Sync version offered in the drop down is a variant of 3.4- there is no option to scroll to anything older.

Interesting change- now Ford says that my maps are up to date when I put my VIN into the update site! Car still says 6.1 however?!

The cyanlabs updater takes your unit from 3.0 to 3.4 together with the very latest maps. It is very easy and well worth doing.

• Like 1

...but lots of others say that my early 2018 Fiesta can only go as far as 3.0 20204..?

Okay- according to Cyanlabs themselves, I CAN update past v3.0 build 20204, and thus do my maps as well.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BlueMike2021 said:

Okay- according to Cyanlabs themselves, I CAN update past v3.0 build 20204, and thus do my maps as well.

You really should have got offered sync 3.4 on the Ford..co.uk 

I got that from the site onto usb then maps OTA 

Yeah, seems it's just a lottery what anyone gets from Ford at any time..!

15 hours ago, Alex.S said:

You really should have got offered sync 3.4 on the Ford..co.uk 

I got that from the site onto usb then maps OTA 

No 3.0 will never be updated to 3.4 by Ford. There are two separate branches each receiving their own updates 3.0 and 3.2+. 

Well, nuts to Ford! LOL. I've just successfully updated to 3.4 20351 and Maps F9, taking 55 minutes exactly, using the Cyanlabs method. Very pleased!

• Like 2

Just now, BlueMike2021 said:

Well, nuts to Ford! LOL. I've just successfully updated to 3.4 20351 and Maps F9, taking 55 minutes exactly, using the Cyanlabs method. Very pleased!

It just means Ford are unlikely to offer you any further updates you’ll have to update them manually from now on. 

Not saying it doesn’t work, it’s just an unsupported update procedure and you’re running a different version to what Ford servers expect for the car. 

Seems unnecessarily complicated for a car that’s only 3 years old. 

4 hours ago, alexp999 said:

It just means Ford are unlikely to offer you any further updates you’ll have to update them manually from now on. 

Not saying it doesn’t work, it’s just an unsupported update procedure and you’re running a different version to what Ford servers expect for the car. 

Yeah, considered that, but honestly, this will do me now for a long time to come and anything new can likely be done via the same means anyway. Been out this PM trying it all out, and really like the new UI and everything else.

Grateful for the help here, though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Seems unnecessarily complicated for a car that’s only 3 years old. 

Well, Ford weren't offering me anything better, and once I got a clear answer on whether I even could, the update was pretty easy.

2 hours ago, BlueMike2021 said:

Well, Ford weren't offering me anything better, and once I got a clear answer on whether I even could, the update was pretty easy.

If it weren’t for my car connecting with my wifi outside my house I’d have gone down the same route. Anyway BlueMike ...I’m Blue Alex in Glasgow! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇬🇧🏆🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇬🇧

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BlueMike2021 said:

Yeah, considered that, but honestly, this will do me now for a long time to come and anything new can likely be done via the same means anyway. Been out this PM trying it all out, and really like the new UI and everything else.

Grateful for the help here, though.

I installed this the other day . Think its miles better than previous sync version. Not been out of night mode either miles better the deep blue colour👍

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Alex.S said:

If it weren’t for my car connecting with my wifi outside my house I’d have gone down the same route. Anyway BlueMike ...I’m Blue Alex in Glasgow! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇬🇧🏆🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇬🇧

Annoyingly, mine was just out of range. That said, I still would only have been taken as far as 3.0 by Ford, so...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Morty1977 said:

I installed this the other day . Think its miles better than previous sync version. Not been out of night mode either miles better the deep blue colour👍

Agree 100%- the night mode looks gorgeous and is on permanently on mine now, too.

20210308_125809.jpg

• Like 1

2016 ST250 ST3

Upgraded unit from SYNC 2 to SYNC 3, before Christmas.

SYNC 3 version was:

software version 3.0 Build 19205_Product Navigation maps version: F9

Just used Cyanlabs Syn3 Updater.

Now have:

SYNC 3, Software Version 3.4 Build 20351_Product Navigation Maps Version: F9

Everything seems to be working OK, including the Logo's for the radio stations. Assume that the F9 will also be a later version of the original F9.

• Like 1

I completed the update via USB earlier today. No log file was generated despite getting the “update complete, you can disconnect USB now”message.  My Vioice commands for Navigation aren’t working now.  Can anyone help?  Thanks

9 hours ago, SteveP1041 said:

I completed the update via USB earlier today. No log file was generated despite getting the “update complete, you can disconnect USB now”message.  My Vioice commands for Navigation aren’t working now.  Can anyone help?  Thanks

Do a master reset from the settings. Mine worked after that

A master reset is the first thing recommended when you upgrade via Cyanlabs.

I updated via the Ford Sync3 website.  I’ve tried the master reset and the Navigation voice commands are still not working. Any other suggestions please?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club