Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

1 hour ago, SteveP1041 said:

I updated via the Ford Sync3 website.  I’ve tried the master reset and the Navigation voice commands are still not working. Any other suggestions please?

The updates from Ford can come in multiple parts, you'll need to upload a log file so it gives you the next step.

Follow the troubleshooting section here it generate a log file:

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update

On 3/8/2021 at 1:21 PM, BlueMike2021 said:

Agree 100%- the night mode looks gorgeous and is on permanently on mine now, too.

20210308_125809.jpg

Quite a few replies here for me to dig through so just easier to ask..

Is this update not available to download off fords website at the moment? 

Im on 3.4 but this looks much better, abit like a 3.4.1

Annoying how they seem to have all these new versions all ready to go and just sit on them for months on end without releasing!

• Like 1

I was on 3.0 so couldnt get this from ford so got it off the well known site mentioned on here. Mine is the same as pictures 3.4 . These are in the night mode which look miles better than day mode

1 hour ago, FezMan said:

Is this update not available to download off fords website at the moment? 

Myself and I think most Mk4 owners got the sync3.4 update from the ford website. Not F9 maps though. But some did. And yeah night mode on 3.4 is a winner. 

Night mode is nice, but I hate maps in night mode during the day, pity you can't mix and match 🤣

• Like 1

I hadn’t noticed that yet! 
Apple maps is far better for finding businesses but I do like the ford nav set up. A lot of models didn’t have ford nav when I ordered my stx . Was one of my essential criteria as without a phone signal ..no maps. No need to plug phone in either. 

Only gripe I have with the nav so far (not had my car/SYNC 3 long) is that I can't get it more accurate when saving my home location...it's a teeny thing, but it's convinced I live at No.8 or 10, and I don't! LOL.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Myself and I think most Mk4 owners got the sync3.4 update from the ford website. Not F9 maps though. But some did. And yeah night mode on 3.4 is a winner. 

I have 3.4 off of fords site however the picture is different with the radio logo on the right hand side and faded in the background, has a whole lot of a cleaner look to it

is this what yours is like?

Sync 3.4 has a few minor revisions. The earlier builds didn't have the radio logo faded on the background but the later ones do. The initial 3.4 version I loaded from the Cyanlabs site didn't show the logo, but one of the recent updates added it.

4 hours ago, FezMan said:

I have 3.4 off of fords site however the picture is different with the radio logo on the right hand side and faded in the background, has a whole lot of a cleaner look to it

is this what yours is like?

I don’t listen to radio, bluetooth Apple music only. Album artwork is on the left. May well be a different set up. Pretty sure there’s options for background colour etc , I haven’t looked back at the options since first got the update. Apart from setting it to night mode just recently. 

4 hours ago, BlueMike2021 said:

it's convinced I live at No.8 or 10

I live at no.12 the car..no.10 ! 
the ford gps sat nav is arguably as good as Apple maps and google maps although google is really the benchmark. Having sync, Siri and google Assistant all at one time can be confusing. So I’m sync or Carplay, Google’s for Android only I reckon. 
Waze I rarely used but had to delete the app cause of volume issues (if I remember correctly) even when the app wasn’t open! 

11 hours ago, Alex.S said:

I live at no.12 the car..no.10 ! 
the ford gps sat nav is arguably as good as Apple maps and google maps although google is really the benchmark. Having sync, Siri and google Assistant all at one time can be confusing. So I’m sync or Carplay, Google’s for Android only I reckon. 
Waze I rarely used but had to delete the app cause of volume issues (if I remember correctly) even when the app wasn’t open! 

Yeah, it's fine really, just a small thing.

For those asking, my 3.4 20351 looks like this (on night mode)-

20210308_125809.jpg

18 hours ago, BlueMike2021 said:

Only gripe I have with the nav so far (not had my car/SYNC 3 long) is that I can't get it more accurate when saving my home location...it's a teeny thing, but it's convinced I live at No.8 or 10, and I don't! LOL.

Good practise to not have your actual home address as your home address.

Thief sees you and the family on holiday or a nice day out, nicks ya car and uses your home address to go to your empty home and capture more of your goodies.

• Like 2

Did mine last night, all good, took about 1 hour to complete.

Needed the DOWNGRADE install option, I was on 3.4-20136, EU maps (from F7 to F9), Gracenote and audio NAV options installing.

Big shout out to the ladies and gents at "you know where" for their time and effort put into the upgrades. The website is a dream to use and the community is absolutely great, very helpful and a wealth of knowledge.

20210311_204209.jpg

20210311_204219.jpg

On 3/10/2021 at 7:17 PM, BlueMike2021 said:

Better not to have it exactly right in case someone nicks the car while you are out and gets Nav to get them to your empty house....

Slightly different issue here but does anybody know how to fix this?

This is on my dads Kuga, happened when I installed F9 via usb for him and now pretty much every time he turns the car on this comes up. I did the install myself and know it was all followed correctly (removing usb etc when it says)

Ford have even released a newer version of Sync since this problem started which ive installed with the hope it would sort of override the issue with the newer version, but its still happening. 

I can't redownload anything off the ford site either now as when I type his ViN number in it says its all up to date.

IMG_3051.jpeg

I'm also on 3.4.136. F7 maps .

The ford website has a fault and the maps download fails.. so jumped on the cyan website.. now I can download 3.4.351 and f9 maps but when it cime to transfer over to the usb it fails on one map file and closes down.. anyone have a solution.. I've redownload and used a new usb but still no joy..

So is it just my Sync 3 that no longer has the radio logos or do others have them missing ?

Back in July last year I had radio logos for all stations then the system did an update and the logos all disapeared (except BBC Radio2). I expected further updates would fix this but having just finished the very latest update I still have no logos

How can a supposedly simple thing like updating sat Nav maps generate 51 pages of mostly negative comments?  It took me over 3 hrs to update from the Ford Website and a quarter of a tank of petrol.  My old tomtom sat Nav still updates every  3 months via Wi-fi and all I need to do is plug it into the mains and walk away. I’ve waited 2 years and 3 months for this and the maps are still a year old!  I will never buy another Ford, given this woeful situation and the abysmal customer service I’ve received from my local dealer.  I received £150 compensation from Ford for poor customer service and £500 from Ford credit because of the lack of map updates, but enough is enough. Never again!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, unofix said:

So is it just my Sync 3 that no longer has the radio logos or do others have them missing ?

Back in July last year I had radio logos for all stations then the system did an update and the logos all disapeared (except BBC Radio2). I expected further updates would fix this but having just finished the very latest update I still have no logos

Try a factory reset..

I contacted ford customer service and they just said go to the local dealer..🙄

On 3/11/2021 at 1:19 PM, VFR800 said:

Good practise to not have your actual home address as your home address.

Thief sees you and the family on holiday or a nice day out, nicks ya car and uses your home address to go to your empty home and capture more of your goodies.

I was told to put the local police station as your home in any sat nav, because surely you know your way home from there anyway 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/8/2021 at 4:47 PM, YOG said:

2016 ST250 ST3

Upgraded unit from SYNC 2 to SYNC 3, before Christmas.

SYNC 3 version was:

software version 3.0 Build 19205_Product Navigation maps version: F9

Just used Cyanlabs Syn3 Updater.

Now have:

SYNC 3, Software Version 3.4 Build 20351_Product Navigation Maps Version: F9

Everything seems to be working OK, including the Logo's for the radio stations. Assume that the F9 will also be a later version of the original F9.

unofix - No problem with my install , including Radio Logos.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club