Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

Upgrading from 3.0 to 3.4 is only possible using cyanlabs method. It reformats the APIM storage and once done you cannot revert to 3.0.

• Like 2

However, if you do convert to 3.4 you probably wouldn't want to go back to 3.0. The process is very easy using the Cyanlabs method, I don't regret doing mine at all.

• Like 3

Same here I wouldnt go back to 3.0

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FezMan said:

Just out of curiosity as I think ive seen people do this in this thread..

on a 2017 Kuga you can't get over Sync 3.0... Am I able to download the files using one of the links in this thread (if someone could provide the link to either the files or the page on this thread where its explained that would be appreciated! 😁 ) and put 3.4 onto the Kuga with no issues?

My question is would it be easy to downgrade back to fords original 3.0 if needs be, I wouldn't want it to invalidate any warranty etc that is on the vehicle 

Once you do the 3.4 update you can't go back to 3.0. 

Matt

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PLB said:

Thanks, appreciate that. 👍

The build number is 20136.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

Even if you don't have the local hazard option if you have an active subscription you should still see local hazard info . I do. There were lots of posts last year on this subject when 3.4 was released because some later vehicles got a different build from others that included this option in settings.

What happens if you do have the option in the settings but it's greyed out and switched off?

20 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

What happens if you do have the option in the settings but it's greyed out and switched off?

There’s extensive threads on here about this. Searching and scrolling required! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Alex.S said:

There’s extensive threads on here about this. Searching and scrolling required! 

From what I believe, I don't think there was any outcome?

2 hours ago, shawty1984 said:

The build number is 20136.

Thanks for the confirmation but I am now confused. 🤔

I am trying to understand why some owners like you have the Local Hazard slider option shown on their connectivity settings screen and some like me do not.

I thought and assumed as Comares2001 said in his earlier post that it may be due to a different sync 3.4 build number but since you have 20136 the same as both of us apparently not.

Sorry, i know this is not specific to your particular query but does anyone know why there are two different connectivity settings screens when owners are on the same sync 3.4 build 20136 ? 

50 minutes ago, PLB said:

Thanks for the confirmation but I am now confused. 🤔

I am trying to understand why some owners like you have the Local Hazard slider option shown on their connectivity settings screen and some like me do not.

I thought and assumed as Comares2001 said in his earlier post that it may be due to a different sync 3.4 build number but since you have 20136 the same as both of us apparently not.

Sorry, i know this is not specific to your particular query but does anyone know why there are two different connectivity settings screens when owners are on the same sync 3.4 build 20136 ? 

So strange, oh well that's Ford for you. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 3:05 PM, colinmcg71 said:

Hi @JayPC

You're right, there is a newer logo file for newer Sync3.4 builds. Here is a link to the latest logo file:

http://ivsubinaries.azureedge.net/swparts/1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ

Here is a link to an updated autoinstall file too:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApcYQ_s9MXI-0kJ86eGOYbCm6w4Z?e=ww06Fo

I'm running Sync 3.4.20351 with this logo file and most of the station logos are displayed.

Hi Colin,

link for the AutoInstall file says its expired, can I use any autoinstall file as I have a bunch of them saved from previous updates, are they all the same?

13 minutes ago, FezMan said:

Hi Colin,

link for the AutoInstall file says its expired, can I use any autoinstall file as I have a bunch of them saved from previous updates, are they all the same?

The autoinstall files are all different and specific to what you’re installing. I’ve just had a look in my onedrive and the file is gone. Sorry about that, no idea how it got deleted. I’ll upload and link a new file in a wee while. I’m out walking the dogs just now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FezMan said:

Hi Colin,

Hi Ben, here's a new link to the autoinstall file for radio logos.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApcYQ_s9MXI-0k6yaPeOcqmdW5g6

Cheers, Col.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

Hi Ben, here's a new link to the autoinstall file for radio logos.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApcYQ_s9MXI-0k6yaPeOcqmdW5g6

Cheers, Col.

Brill Thank you!

Installed and all my main logos are back, i'm a fan of this update, a much more clean look 😁

Heads up for anyone downloading the above Autoinstall file, im not sure if its onedrive doing it automatically or my own laptop saving the file this way, but when I download it's calling itself 'autoinstall (1).lst' 

You just need to rename it to remove the (1) and then it works a charm👍

• Like 1

Question. Do you put the radio logos file and the inst. file direct into the root directory of the usb or to you have to put the logo file into a SyncMyRide folder? I have tried to update mine with these files and when I plug it into the car all I get coming up on the screen is 'USB detected' and then nothing. I am on Sync 3.4 build 20351 and maps F8. Am in the process of expanding latest map update to a USB. Long old process.

Thanks in anticipation of any help in getting my radio logos back.

23 minutes ago, jsk said:

Question. Do you put the radio logos file and the inst. file direct into the root directory of the usb or to you have to put the logo file into a SyncMyRide folder? I have tried to update mine with these files and when I plug it into the car all I get coming up on the screen is 'USB detected' and then nothing. I am on Sync 3.4 build 20351 and maps F8. Am in the process of expanding latest map update to a USB. Long old process.

Thanks in anticipation of any help in getting my radio logos back.

Make sure the USB is formatted to ExFat

Then create a folder called SyncMyRide - Inside this folder place the zipped DAB file

Then place the Autoinstall.lst file in the USB (not inside the SyncMyRide folder)

Post a screenshot of what the USB files look like for you if the issue continues, it will be something simple to change 🙂

Many thanks Ben. I think my previous attempts were carried out using an incorrect inst. file. I have just tried an update using the inst. file supplied by colinmcg71 further up on this page and it worked a treat. Now just to install maps F9 and I will be a happy Easter bunny. Many thanks again.

• Thanks 1

Sorry to be asking more questions but I have spent most of the afternoon downloading map F9 file. According to the instructions on the website I should have three files. SyncMyRide, inst.file and “DONTINDX.MSA”. I am missing “DONTINDX.MSA”. Has anyone else had this problem and is this file critical? Going through another download now to see what I get this time.

2 hours ago, jsk said:

Sorry to be asking more questions but I have spent most of the afternoon downloading map F9 file. According to the instructions on the website I should have three files. SyncMyRide, inst.file and “DONTINDX.MSA”. I am missing “DONTINDX.MSA”. Has anyone else had this problem and is this file critical? Going through another download now to see what I get this time.

Hi John, 

No, the DONTINDX.MSA file isn’t critical, it’s just an empty file that tells Sync no to index the usb drive so your update starts quicker. You probably wouldn’t notice the time difference for the update to start with or without that file.

How can something that should be easy take up 60 pages of posts over 3 threads?  Ford cannot have expected to have got this so wrong!  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SteveP1041 said:

How can something that should be easy take up 60 pages of posts over 3 threads?  Ford cannot have expected to have got this so wrong!  

All Ford had to do was put the updates on their website for every owner that was due an update. Most owners have used a link kindly shared by alexp, exact same download so why Ford only made it available to very few focus owners is beyond me. I was lucky to have wifi while parked in my drive for the F9 update. Got the sync update thru the website as it should be for all updates. There was owners stuck on F7 maps for 2+ years. Hence the huge interest in these threads. 

22 hours ago, FezMan said:

Make sure the USB is formatted to ExFat

Then create a folder called SyncMyRide - Inside this folder place the zipped DAB file

Then place the Autoinstall.lst file in the USB (not inside the SyncMyRide folder)

Post a screenshot of what the USB files look like for you if the issue continues, it will be something simple to change 🙂

I think I followed the instructions. DAB file is in SyncMyRide folder still zipped. Autoinstall file is in USB and of course set for exfat. However all I get is USB detected in car.Have attached shot of USB content any help welcomed

20210402_124400.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Comares, well 9/10 for a good try. You made the same mistake I did the first time I tried this.

You need to leave the DAB file "Zipped" not unzipped, I hope you still have a copy of the zipped file that you can use.

Give that a go and I'm sure it will work.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, unofix said:

Hi Comares, well 9/10 for a good try. You made the same mistake I did the first time I tried this.

You need to leave the DAB file "Zipped" not unzipped, I hope you still have a copy of the zipped file that you can use.

Give that a go and I'm sure it will work.

Actually I mistyped that as the DAB file is in fact still zipped. I have corrected my original post

Hi Brian

Check you have got the right version of the Autoinstall file. I  had this problem (refer my comments further up this page) and when I used the file supplied by  colinmcg71 (also further up on this page) it loaded no problem.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club