Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

1 hour ago, Comares2001 said:

I think I followed the instructions. DAB file is in SyncMyRide folder still zipped. Autoinstall file is in USB and of course set for exfat. However all I get is USB detected in car.Have attached shot of USB content any help welcomed

20210402_124400.jpg

Hi Brian,

Sounds like a problem with the autoinstall file. Can you open it in notepad and post a screenshot.

Cheers.

32 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

Hi Brian,

Sounds like a problem with the autoinstall file. Can you open it in notepad and post a screenshot.

Cheers.

Thanks this is what notepad shows

; ENH_DAB Update - Autoinstall Mode - Sync 3.4.20196-20351 EU

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL_PRODUCT]
Item1 = ENH_DAB - 1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ
Open1 = SyncMyRide\1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ
Options = AutoInstall

10 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

Thanks this is what notepad shows

; ENH_DAB Update - Autoinstall Mode - Sync 3.4.20196-20351 EU

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL_PRODUCT]
Item1 = ENH_DAB - 1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ
Open1 = SyncMyRide\1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ
Options = AutoInstall

Well that looks spot on. Have you anything plugged into the other USB port while you’re updating?

Nope nothing.

6 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

Nope nothing.

Weird. It should work.

Inside your SyncMyRide folder does the logo update file definitely end with .TAR.GZ ?

Well you were right there for some reason .GZ was missed off the end. I added that manually but apart from indexing the USB  the files do not ulpload in the car. I have also tried using another USBstick. Incidently when i go back to the link in this thread and download the DAB files ,every time  .GZ is missed off the end of the filename.

I don’t know what else to try, sorry. I was going to suggest another USB drive.

When I downloaded them they had the full .TAR.GZ extension. It could be your Windows is hiding it by default.

AA87AF07-2AD1-451F-93E9-291A2556151F.thumb.png.b513a0382e33db970b5a067332d5ef6d.png

The only other option would be to try cyanlabs Syn3Updater and configure it to update only the ENH_DAB package and let it create the USB drive and see how that goes.

Hope you get it sorted.

Have unticked that box so now PC downloads the GZ extension. Am now deleting everything and going back to square 1 to see if anything changes. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this as I havnt had logos  since the 3.3 software update. Why the he'll can't Ford sort it out so that everything is available as it should be.

4 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

Have unticked that box so now PC downloads the GZ extension. Am now deleting everything and going back to square 1 to see if anything changes. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this as I havnt had logos  since the 3.3 software update. Why the he'll can't Ford sort it out so that everything is available as it should be.

I agree. It would be common sense for Ford to include the corresponding logo file with each Sync update.

No idea why they don't.

May be a simple solution but have you tried to download the file using a different browser?

If I use Safari to download anything to do with Sync updates or files such as the one posted by Colin it saves it in a way that the USB doesn't like, if I use Chrome or Firefox it works fine 

Another possibility is that I noticed you posted 2 links in the other thread @colinmcg71

the first which you say is for newer versions of sync 

http://ivsubinaries.azureedge.net/swparts/1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ

and

https://ivsubinaries.azureedge.net/swparts/1U5T-14G658-AE_1553188025000.TAR.GZ

Have you tried both of these @Comares2001 ?

And this https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApcYQ_s9MXI-0k6yaPeOcqmdW5g6

for the install file

Thanks I'll give some of those ideas a try if I still can't get it to work.

Hope its ok to ask in this thread. I have a 2020 Fiesta Active, just updated to 3.4 from Ford website, once updated (took like 10 minutes) and with the logfile uploaded it then showed a map update.

However I was/am on F8 maps, the download from Ford was 22Gb, which I put onto a USB stick. I started the update this morning as I was driving to work, 1 hour 10 minutes. But it didn't complete, in the end I had to turn the car off, but left the USB stck in.

Coming home I popped up again updating software, though this time without any confirmations etc. so not sure if it was able to carry on or if it started again from scratch, but again another 1 hour 10 minute drive and it hadn't finished.

Was curious as to if anyone has any ideas if the update does continue where it left off or if it restarts the entire thing? If it restarts each time then I doubt I'll be able to update the maps for the moment.

I'll probably just need to remove the USB stick and leave it, unless anyone has any ideas?

1 hour ago, Nismex said:

Hope its ok to ask in this thread. I have a 2020 Fiesta Active, just updated to 3.4 from Ford website, once updated (took like 10 minutes) and with the logfile uploaded it then showed a map update.

However I was/am on F8 maps, the download from Ford was 22Gb, which I put onto a USB stick. I started the update this morning as I was driving to work, 1 hour 10 minutes. But it didn't complete, in the end I had to turn the car off, but left the USB stck in.

Coming home I popped up again updating software, though this time without any confirmations etc. so not sure if it was able to carry on or if it started again from scratch, but again another 1 hour 10 minute drive and it hadn't finished.

Was curious as to if anyone has any ideas if the update does continue where it left off or if it restarts the entire thing? If it restarts each time then I doubt I'll be able to update the maps for the moment.

I'll probably just need to remove the USB stick and leave it, unless anyone has any ideas?

The map update from Ford usually takes around two hours depending on the speed of your USB drive.

5990D931-32F8-4D0C-B09A-7D29CEF75E15.thumb.jpeg.359c4ae0512b758ac218e2c4930deeee.jpeg

Unfortunately if interrupted there’s no way to tell if it is starting from the beginning or continuing from where it left off.

I did my last official map update sitting on the driveway and that was a long two hours!

Hope you get it sorted.

• Like 1

Hi Nismex, I'm no expert on this but I can tell you that when I did my F9 map update it got interupted 3 possibly 4 times before it completed. What seems to happen is it restarts from the last full section it had finished. So yes if it is part way through a section when you switch off then it will restart back at the begining of that section when you next switch on.

• Like 1

Cheers all! Awesome as always! I’ll leave it plugged in and see what happens tomorrow on my commute.

• Like 1

3.4.21020 is now available from Cyanlabs, though having only just upgraded to 3.4.20351, I think I'm going to leave well alone for now!

Have unticked that box so now PC downloads the GZ extension.

The other thing to be aware of when copying files manually, is that SYNC is QNX based and filenames are case-sensitive.

Windows by default treats filenames as case-insensitive

• Like 1

19 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

Hi Brian,

Cheers.

9 hours ago, VFR800 said:

Success at last after 4th attempt.

I reformatted the USB again. Re downloaded the DAB and install files and copied them to the USB stick.I did notice before reformatting that the the extension to the Autoinstall file had been added twice during transfer to the stick, ie it read Autoinstall.lst.lst so who knows if this was the problem. Anyway it installed in the car this time and I now have the logos. Colin I had the same issue when downloading the Autoinstall.lst ie it added a 1 which I deleted although I noticed in my PC download list a much older file with the same name so this was my   reason maye the same for you.

Thanks for everyone's help.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ie it read Autoinstall.lst.lst so who knows if this was the problem

It would have been. The presence of the autoinstall.lst file triggers the software update procedure. Without it , the system wouldn't attempt to do any upgrade. With the duplicate extension, the filename wouldn't be autoinstall.lst and therefore not recognised.

36 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

Success at last after 4th attempt.

I reformatted the USB again. Re downloaded the DAB and install files and copied them to the USB stick.I did notice before reformatting that the the extension to the Autoinstall file had been added twice during transfer to the stick, ie it read Autoinstall.lst.lst so who knows if this was the problem. Anyway it installed in the car this time and I now have the logos. Colin I had the same issue when downloading the Autoinstall.lst ie it added a 1 which I deleted although I noticed in my PC download list a much older file with the same name so this was my   reason maye the same for you.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Nice one Brian, glad you got it sorted 👍🏼

19 hours ago, unofix said:

Hi Nismex, I'm no expert on this but I can tell you that when I did my F9 map update it got interupted 3 possibly 4 times before it completed. What seems to happen is it restarts from the last full section it had finished. So yes if it is part way through a section when you switch off then it will restart back at the begining of that section when you next switch on.

19 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

The map update from Ford usually takes around two hours depending on the speed of your USB drive.

Unfortunately if interrupted there’s no way to tell if it is starting from the beginning or continuing from where it left off.

I did my last official map update sitting on the driveway and that was a long two hours!

Hope you get it sorted.

All good in the end, cheers again. It took only another 15 minutes this morning on the way to work and completed successfully.

• Like 2

Hi Colin, updated to the F10 maps today, not sure if it went quite the way it was planned but after nearly 2 hours and installing what seemed like twice I've got there. Do I need to update the logos again, just there seems to be a problem with one or two of them ?

29 minutes ago, unofix said:

Hi Colin, updated to the F10 maps today, not sure if it went quite the way it was planned but after nearly 2 hours and installing what seemed like twice I've got there. Do I need to update the logos again, just there seems to be a problem with one or two of them ?

If you used Cyanlabs reformat it should only take around 55 minutes so it does sound like it ran twice.

I’m still missing one or two logos but not on the more popular stations.

You can check which logo file you have installed from your SyncMyRide folder. If one of the files includes 1U5T-14G658-AF in the filename then you are on the latest DAB logo version.

You can also check all the file versions from the Sync diagnostic menu in the vehicle. To access this menu:

In car engine running. 
Radio on, audio tab fullscreen. 
Press and hold skip forward button on dash and skip forward button on steering wheel at the same time for about four seconds. 
Diagnostic mode starts with a speaker test, you can let it run or press end test. From there you can select Bezel Diagnostics > APIM > IVSU Versions and you’ll end up on this screen. Here’s how mine looks now

3D38B9FB-1A7A-4D2B-9A48-8D7B0834B5C0.thumb.jpeg.db3e0845c450b6c4718f4e75cf24cdee.jpeg

This shows which package versions are installed 

1. Sync App

2. Sync Voice

3. Gracenotes

4. Maps

5. Nav Voice

6. DAB logos

Glad you got maps updated in the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Colin, thanks as always for the excellent reply. After the first install I thought it was finished (about 55mins) and I removed the USB as it instructed, but then after about a minute it said something like to finish the install put the USB back in. So I did !! wrong move since it did the whole install all over again. Second time around the same thing happened only this time I left the USB out and just cycled the ignition and all seems well. I have new style radio logos for a lot of stations but missing - Smooth, and all of the BBC 1,2,3,4 all others working fine.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club