Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

Thi k I'll be stuck with F7 maps. Not a chance in hell of downloading 22GB.

Who's stupid idea was it to release an update in such a large file 🙄

I also have the 8.2GB maps download showing, I think it may be voice files as I've already got F9 maps. When I download the files they are 4U5T-14G422-BAE,BBE,BCE and BDE if anyone knows what they are?

When I try to install the update in the car, I get a MEM_ERR01 message which I believe means there is no space to copy the files. I've tried doing a master reset but still get the same error. Is there any way to delete files from the Sync system to get the update working? 

1 hour ago, Wino said:

Who's stupid idea was it to release an update in such a large file 🙄

How else will they get all the data into the car? You get the maps for Europe, that's the bundle. 22GB is a small file size these days.

Curious how you don't have a chance of downloading 22GB? It's only about an hour on a modest 50Mb connection.

1 minute ago, martinb14 said:

I also have the 8.2GB maps download showing, I think it may be voice files as I've already got F9 maps. When I download the files they are 4U5T-14G422-BAE,BBE,BCE and BDE if anyone knows what they are?

When I try to install the update in the car, I get a MEM_ERR01 message which I believe means there is no space to copy the files. I've tried doing a master reset but still get the same error. Is there any way to delete files from the Sync system to get the update working? 

You could use the CyanLabs method to build a USB pen that will reformat your Sync and then reinstall the correct version and maps (could even jump to F10 if you wanted). The BAE/BBE/BCE/BDE files are all part of the maps as I understand.

31 minutes ago, martinb14 said:

Those are the navigation voice files for F9.

You’re right, MEM_ERR01 is ‘not enough space to copy. MEM_ERR03 is ‘not enough space to extract. The space may have been used up if your car has partially downloaded updates over Wi-Fi. don’t know any way freeing up space though (other than via Cyanlabs reformat method).

2 hours ago, Wino said:

I got the 22GB F9 maps OTA bit by bit over a week. 
As it wasn’t available to me on the website. Though Sync3.4 was. 

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

I got the 22GB F9 maps OTA bit by bit over a week. 
As it wasn’t available to me on the website. Though Sync3.4 was. 

Each time I start the download it gets stuck and pauses. When I click resume.......it starts from the beginning 🙄

2 hours ago, karlbbb said:

How else will they get all the data into the car? You get the maps for Europe, that's the bundle. 22GB is a small file size these days.

Curious how you don't have a chance of downloading 22GB? It's only about an hour on a modest 50Mb connection.

Why cant it be done in smaller increments ? 

When you update the maps on a Garmin sattnav the file is small as it's only adding to the existing maps. 

22GB might be a small file to some but not everyone has Broadband speeds at 50mb.

30 minutes ago, Wino said:

Why cant it be done in smaller increments ? 

When you update the maps on a Garmin sattnav the file is small as it's only adding to the existing maps. 

22GB might be a small file to some but not everyone has Broadband speeds at 50mb.

The Ford's don't (seem to) update chunks of the maps. Each map update is a replacement for the previous maps as a whole. Annoying yes, but nothing we can do about it. 50Mb is bordering on slow speeds these days, not too difficult to get.

3 hours ago, Wino said:

Each time I start the download it gets stuck and pauses. When I click resume.......it starts from the beginning 🙄

You talking OTA? I got a few minutes in every time I got out the car at home. There’s so many files with similar names, it should pick up where it’s left off last time. I would go out start the car a few times a day , just enough to start downloading. Yes it disconnects itself after a few minutes but got the 22GB in a week. My wifi is about 30GB

19 hours ago, Daz-UK said:

leave the usb Stick in, until it actually tells you to remove it. 

I’ve got the new sync 😊 after plugging it into the car ...10mins 

What I haven’t done is send the log file (?) tbh I got help from my brother on this, tho your instructions were spot on. I opened up ford..uk on my iPad , it’s not acknowledged that I have already downloaded it. I assume that’s down to this file? Will it be on the usb stick? 

1 minute ago, Alex.S said:

I’ve got the new sync 😊

DC01729F-CD63-4C6F-BC8A-D975E858EE48.jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

What I haven’t done is send the log file (?) tbh I got help from my brother on this, tho your instructions were spot on. I opened up ford..uk on my iPad , it’s not acknowledged that I have already downloaded it. I assume that’s down to this file? Will it be on the usb stick? 

Nice one! Yes, it will be inside the SyncMyRide folder. Mine looked like this (VIN blanked out 😉)

7B37CF94-4CDA-4F51-B4FE-D0F301508336.thumb.jpeg.4784755b726f17233c1072e9306738f7.jpeg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

That is amazing news and so glad it worked for you. 👍😁

as per Colin the file you need to upload will be on the usb drive. 

again just go back on sun updates and this time upload it when u say move to the next step. 

this is fab news 👍😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

DC01729F-CD63-4C6F-BC8A-D975E858EE48.jpeg

Nice one! Still haven't taken mine out of night mode, I love it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daz-UK said:

this is fab news 👍😁

Daz, your some boy! Thanks for your help. I don’t know if you spotted this I saw forduk post on Twitter a few months ago, as of 2023 Google’s going to be in charge of Fords infotainment. I’m Apple all the way but they say both will be compatible. I’m hoping to have a Focus EV by then! Thanks again 

Alex 

20 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

Nice one! Yes, it will be inside the SyncMyRide folder

I simply opened the file in that folder , it then went back to ford website with a download successful message. I take it that’s the log file sent? 
It’s now telling me my Maps software needs updating. Its the 8.2GB I’ve seen mentioned on this thread. Is this something I need ? 

@PLB, mate do you remember we spoke about a map update on the ford website that was on there in error? I’m getting told I need this update 8.2GB 

IIRC I copy and pasted from another Ford forum , a few months ago now. That it was an error . 🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

I simply opened the file in that folder , it then went back to ford website with a download successful message. I take it that’s the log file sent? 
It’s now telling me my Maps software needs updating. Its the 8.2GB I’ve seen mentioned on this thread. Is this something I need ? 

Hi Alex,

A few posts back @martinb14 also had the same 8.2GB map update offered. He downloaded it and listed the names of the files.

4U5T-14G422-BAE, 4U5T-14G422-BBE, 4U5T-14G422-BCE, 4U5T-14G422-BDE
They are the latest Navigation Voice packages.

Edited by colinmcg71
Added wrong pics
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Daz, your some boy! Thanks for your help. I don’t know if you spotted this I saw forduk post on Twitter a few months ago, as of 2023 Google’s going to be in charge of Fords infotainment. I’m Apple all the way but they say both will be compatible. I’m hoping to have a Focus EV by then! Thanks again 

Alex 

Your more than welcome 👍. Glad I could help. .

yes I did notice and I’m the same. Apple all the way. I know google gets a lot of business from Apple and vice versa. So I’m keep my fingers crossed that all will be good. 👍

oh Focus EV. I’m waiting to see what there like when there out. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 3:05 PM, colinmcg71 said:

Hi @JayPC

You're right, there is a newer logo file for newer Sync3.4 builds. Here is a link to the latest logo file:

http://ivsubinaries.azureedge.net/swparts/1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ

Here is a link to an updated autoinstall file too:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApcYQ_s9MXI-0kJ86eGOYbCm6w4Z?e=ww06Fo

I'm running Sync 3.4.20351 with this logo file and most of the station logos are displayed.

Hi, Im also having the same problem. any chance you can make the files available again.

Many thanks

Hi Guys, I don't have a drive available you can down load from but this is the auto install file:

; ENH_DAB Update - Autoinstall Mode - Sync 3.4.20196-20351 EU

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL_PRODUCT]
Item1 = ENH_DAB - 1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ
Open1 = SyncMyRide\1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ
Options = AutoInstall

Just open up an old auto install file and delete the contents - then replace with th above click save and you are set to go.

1 hour ago, Steven La said:

Hi, Im also having the same problem. any chance you can make the files available again.

Many thanks

Hi Steven,

Here's the link for the latest logo file

https://ivsubinaries.azureedge.net/swparts/1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ

Here's the link to autoinstall file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A8LcoGzhR50shvM7G3o66yuZ2V3JS4zX/view?usp=sharing

When downloading windows may want name it autoinstall (1).lst which Sync won't recognise.

Select 'Save As' and rename it to autoinstall.lst and you will be good to go.

On 3/23/2021 at 3:05 PM, colinmcg71 said:

Hi @JayPC

You're right, there is a newer logo file for newer Sync3.4 builds. Here is a link to the latest logo file:

http://ivsubinaries.azureedge.net/swparts/1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ

Here is a link to an updated autoinstall file too:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApcYQ_s9MXI-0kJ86eGOYbCm6w4Z?e=ww06Fo

I'm running Sync 3.4.20351 with this logo file and most of the station logos are displayed.

Hi, I'm trying to update the DAB logo files for the latest update to sync but the second link doesn't seem to be working?

Please ignore, should read first. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club