Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

15 minutes ago, unofix said:

That's funny, I bet people trying to get an appointment there also think it doesn't exist 🤣

GPs around here have been in hiding (on the golf course) since covid hit. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alex.S said:

So, you now have F10 ? But it’s not saying ‘up to date’? 

Correct. Downloaded the update offered for giggles and tried to install it but got the same error code.

Of course, that could mean the unit is out of memory, the update isn't required, the update is faulty, the world is about to end, who knows. But then I am easily confused eh?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jamieburchell said:

But then I am easily confused eh?

As mentioned earlier it’s Ford that’s the most confused ! 

It seems my hunch that the maps hadn't installed properly despite the info screen saying F10 was well founded.

From another forum which I am almost certain I'm not allowed to provide a link to here:

"You are correct in assuming that the Ford packaged map update did not install correctly. It appears 2 of the 11 installed are corrupt, or did not finish installing, or are left over items to be replaced. Here is the list you are supposed to have installed..."

"Trying to fix this with the Ford packaged map updates is hit and miss, and in your case was kind of successful. This is because the Ford package sees nothing to fix at this point. But the update did finish, but there are items left behind and it appears that there is a voice file missing. (Maybe the system voice file?)"

"The whole problem lies in how Ford has displayed messages in the updates, like the key cycle messages when nothing needs to be done. The whole map update process is automated, including the reboots. BTW - Ignore the key cycle messages."

"...you can fix this easily, but not with the Ford process."

So the Ford process is fundamentally flawed since you may well not have what the system is telling you, the Ford website is hit and miss with trying to correct it, and if you have a MEM_ERR01 or similar you likely can't fix it with the tools they provide.

Luckily for me I was able to fix it using a third party tool which does the job properly by reformatting the unit and starting again, while also providing a progress bar - something which is beyond anything that Ford can come up with. I also have radio station logos again without having to jump through any extra hoops.

I contacted ford about 6 or 7 weeks ago about my MEM-ERR01 code, and now get the same email from them every 5 days

"

I have heard back from our technical team in regards to the issue, they have informed me the matter is still under investigation and it is their top priority.  Currently they are unsure as the route of the issue but are working on it

I look forward to contacting you again soon with an update."

11 hours ago, jamieburchell said:

It seems my hunch that the maps hadn't installed properly despite the info screen saying F10 was well founded.

From another forum which I am almost certain I'm not allowed to provide a link to here:

"You are correct in assuming that the Ford packaged map update did not install correctly. It appears 2 of the 11 installed are corrupt, or did not finish installing, or are left over items to be replaced. Here is the list you are supposed to have installed..."

"Trying to fix this with the Ford packaged map updates is hit and miss, and in your case was kind of successful. This is because the Ford package sees nothing to fix at this point. But the update did finish, but there are items left behind and it appears that there is a voice file missing. (Maybe the system voice file?)"

"The whole problem lies in how Ford has displayed messages in the updates, like the key cycle messages when nothing needs to be done. The whole map update process is automated, including the reboots. BTW - Ignore the key cycle messages."

"...you can fix this easily, but not with the Ford process."

So the Ford process is fundamentally flawed since you may well not have what the system is telling you, the Ford website is hit and miss with trying to correct it, and if you have a MEM_ERR01 or similar you likely can't fix it with the tools they provide.

Luckily for me I was able to fix it using a third party tool which does the job properly by reformatting the unit and starting again, while also providing a progress bar - something which is beyond anything that Ford can come up with. I also have radio station logos again without having to jump through any extra hoops.

The reformat is a Ford tool. It’s leaked for use by the factory. 

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

The reformat is a Ford tool. It’s leaked for use by the factory. 

So they CAN make a progress bar! Why don't they use a similar interface for the update stuff that's available to the public - or just release the tool (and a version that doesn't require a downgrade first) so we can use it when things go wrong.

8 hours ago, Mark-UK said:

I contacted ford about 6 or 7 weeks ago about my MEM-ERR01 code, and now get the same email from them every 5 days

"

I have heard back from our technical team in regards to the issue, they have informed me the matter is still under investigation and it is their top priority.  Currently they are unsure as the route of the issue but are working on it

I look forward to contacting you again soon with an update."

Maybe look in to that reformat tool I was able to use to fix the issue if Ford aren't being helpful.

I generated a new XML log file and uploaded that and now I am not being offered any updates/downloads. Which I guess means that what I was being offered before was in an attempt to fix what was wrong with my installation (despite the success message). But that would never work because of the MEM_ERR01.

Had an email from Ford today in response to the issue I raised regarding the MEM_ERR01 before I used the reformat tool. They wanted me to answer 21 questions before they could assist. One of which was "Have you had any Ford vehicles prior to this one? If so how many new or used?"

That's one way to make sure nobody bothers contacting Ford with issues I suppose!

• Haha 3

I have a FORD FOCUS TITANIUM 1.0 125PS bought new on 1 July 2020.  Set the car up to receive automatic updates (manual updates ... particularly with reference to this thread ... strike me as potentially risky, time consuming hard work!).  

At present the version of Sync 3 software is shown as 3.4 Build 21020_PRODUCT.  The Navigation Maps version is F10.  The car says its software is up to date.

However when I go to Sync updates on the Ford website and enter my VIN I'm told, "A software update is available. Approx. 3.3GB".

But is my software already up to date?

As an aside, at the end of last month I drove from Suffolk to Edinburgh and back and on a number of occasions found the satnav to be hopelessly out of date leaving me flying across fields, particularly in the vicinity of Cambridge and around Newcastle-u-Tyne.  So has the maps version been updated beyond F10?

F10 are the latest maps but they will be months or even years out of date as it takes a long time for the road changes to filter down to map releases. My car has the built-in maps but I use Google Maps or Waze as they are always up to date. The only time I resort to the built-in maps is if my phone has no signal and therefore no maps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I updated to F9 and for now am staying firmly where I am- I've got everything just how I like it and it's very rare that you truly get lost when a sat nav doesn't agree with a bit of new road. Plus I've got about 40 destinations points saved and I don't fancy putting them all in again if I were to do an update! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yesterday i saw that apear a new update on ford oficcial site, how can we see what version is and the changelog?

there are any website that have all version and the changlog of the versions? 

Thanks

The new update is to version 3.4.21194.

I too would like a changelog, but never seen one, the website given after the update has zero information on it.

IMG_20210913_151423.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just updated to SYNC 3.4.21265 Maps F10 with CyanLabs. Plugged in USB, installed, removed USB, job done.

• Like 2

I haven't regretted for a second using the Cyanlabs process. I took mine from forever stuck on 3.0 to the much better 3.4 with latest maps. 

53 minutes ago, Paulius55 said:

I haven't regretted for a second using the Cyanlabs process. I took mine from forever stuck on 3.0 to the much better 3.4 with latest maps. 

I'm currently on 3.0 with the latest F10 maps and I have stuck to the Ford official update process so far. Can you help me to understand what is "much better" about 3.4 please?

A nicer UI and it's slightly faster. 

• Thanks 1

Another benefit of going the cyanlabs route is you can update the software and maps as soon as Ford put them on the servers. You don't have to wait until ford filter it across models on the sync update site. It can take 6 months or more before the new maps are available across all models.

If you do decide to go cyanlabs you can wait a few days or more and read the forums to make sure there are no issues with a release. Each release has its own thread where people report any changes found or issues.

When I went from 3.0 to 3.4 I gained radio logos, route directions on the main instrument panel from Google Maps and Waze when using Android Auto, nicer colours and more background choices.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Paulius55 said:

When I went from 3.0 to 3.4 I gained radio logos, route directions on the main instrument panel from Google Maps and Waze when using Android Auto, nicer colours and more background choices.

I’ve got 3.4 but only have route directions on the main instrument panel when using Ford nav. 🤔 

Have you got Ford navigation? 

Ford should be really embarrassed that I have a 2016 ST, which I upgraded from SYNC 2 to SYNC 3, and have their latest updates installed, whereas many of their later customers are still waiting. Thank you CyanLabs.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, YOG said:

Ford should be really embarrassed that I have a 2016 ST, which I upgraded from SYNC 2 to SYNC 3, and have their latest updates installed, whereas many of their later customers are still waiting. Thank you CyanLabs.

Sync 2 is totally different hardware.

As far as I am aware, Sync 3.0 and Sync 3.4 have both had software fixed in the last 12 months and are also on the latest F10 maps, I'm not really sure how they could be much more up to date?

6 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Sync 2 is totally different hardware.

As far as I am aware, Sync 3.0 and Sync 3.4 have both had software fixed in the last 12 months and are also on the latest F10 maps, I'm not really sure how they could be much more up to date?

I'm fully aware that SYNC 2 has totally different hardware to SYNC 3. I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

My point was that I replaced my SYNC 2 system with a SYNC 3 system, and I have the very latest SYNC 3.4.21265 Maps F10. Whereas many people with later cars are still waiting for this to be installed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club