Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Mk5 (2015/132kW diesel) A/C temperature problems

awecz

Hi,

I'm hunting a strange issue. Couple of days back my car stopped heating properly, if I set anything else then "Hi", cold air goes from the vents. Outside temp is read properly (checked in ForScan), but I found that INCARTEMP is always 215degC - which does not seem right, but is this the value A/C reads? If so, the behaviour would make sense, it's still too hot inside, let's blow cold air. There is a combined temperature/humidity sensor right from steering wheel, it looks ok, the thermistor is present and looks like it had reasonable resistance in ~20degC (30kOhm). Could anyone confirm this is the right sensor or is there another one somewhere else?

Thanks,

Martin

at 20c the sensor should be around 12-14kohms

but 30 kohms is not far off really, compared to 215c !! check the wiring pins. 215c indicates either open circuit or short circiut i guess .check if you have a reference voltage? probably 5v . 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, iantt said:

at 20c the sensor should be around 12-14kohms

but 30 kohms is not far off really, compared to 215c !! check the wiring pins. 215c indicates either open circuit or short circiut i guess .check if you have a reference voltage? probably 5v . 

Unfortunately this sensor is more complicated than the one behind the bumper. There is humidity sensor and a fan too and the thermistor is not directly connected to connector pins. So it's either sending voltage or CAN messages. There is a coating on both sides of PCB and it's not possible to read chip identification. If I disconnect it, there are two DTCs so wiring is probably not an issue. The part # is DG9H-19T562-C.

DSC_3650.JPG

The humidity input and outputs are pins 1,4,6 so you can ignore those. But does the fan work when connected and heating on? 

Pin3  is 5v reference wire ( brown/white)  and return is pin5 (grey)

It's not canbus

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iantt said:

The humidity input and outputs are pins 1,4,6 so you can ignore those. But does the fan work when connected and heating on? 

Pin3  is 5v reference wire ( brown/white)  and return is pin5 (grey)

It's not canbus

Perfect, just what I needed to hear. I've seen the fan run when car powered on, but it was only running for a short time (<1sec) and then it stopped. Is it supposed to run all the time when climate is on? As for voltage output, do you have any idea what would be normal value around at around 20degC? 

sorry, no idea on both questions, i will check mine in a while to see if fan stays on though. 

The climate control in mine in mine sometimes has a mind of it's own...

I've set it to 17C and manually control the fan speed and turn it on/off. Obviously in this weather you'd expect it to blow either hot or at least lukewarm air to maintain that temperature, however I sometimes find that it blows really cold air (as if it was summer, and the system was trying to cool the car). To fix this, usually turning the temperature up a couple notches (to 18C) and then back down to the same setting (17) seems to wake it it's brain up, and the temperature coming out of the vents readjusts to what it should be (lukewarm).

Do any of you experience something like this?

• Like 1

The climate control in mine in mine sometimes has a mind of it's own...
I've set it to 17C and manually control the fan speed and turn it on/off. Obviously in this weather you'd expect it to blow either hot or at least lukewarm air to maintain that temperature, however I sometimes find that it blows really cold air (as if it was summer, and the system was trying to cool the car). To fix this, usually turning the temperature up a couple notches (to 18C) and then back down to the same setting (17) seems to wake it it's brain up, and the temperature coming out of the vents readjusts to what it should be (lukewarm).
Do any of you experience something like this?
Are you a member of our MK5 Facebook page, the one I linked above?

There is a discussion about this at the moment, where the climate control seems to be 'hunting' for the temp. There was a recall for that issue I believe, think it may have been on the MY15 build

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iantt said:

sorry, no idea on both questions, i will check mine in a while to see if fan stays on though. 

Well, I checked and mine was spinning.

I don't understand the behaviour. Now it looks like the problem is gone, A/C is no longer blowing cold air. But INCARTEMP in ForScan is still showing 215C, which does not seem correct. Could anyone check this value in his car? I'm not even sure it's this sensor anymore and maybe it's related to another one? Also about that recall, MY15 is which one? I believe I have MY14 (Jan/2015).

14 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Are you a member of our MK5 Facebook page, the one I linked above?

There is a discussion about this at the moment, where the climate control seems to be 'hunting' for the temp. There was a recall for that issue I believe, think it may have been on the MY15 build

Yep I am, its a very useful group, been browsing a lot of the posts but haven't come across a climate control one yet, ill check again 

Mine is a 66 reg, there's no recalls showing for me on ETIS

• Like 1

forscan shows my int temp ok. 

and matches the temp gauge i have plugged into my cigar lighter socket. 

Screenshot_20191201-101650_FORScan Lite.jpg

21 hours ago, iantt said:

forscan shows my int temp ok. 

and matches the temp gauge i have plugged into my cigar lighter socket. 

Screenshot_20191201-101650_FORScan Lite.jpg

Thanks!

But this looks like a different value, mine is called INCARTEMP in both Windows and Android Forscan.

intemp.png

Thanks!
But this looks like a different value, mine is called INCARTEMP in both Windows and Android Forscan.
intemp.thumb.png.e2f080ac430144306c7fce240d97290e.png
Is your climate control set to 21.5? Could it be giving you the temp you have set it to?

12 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Is your climate control set to 21.5? Could it be giving you the temp you have set it to?

Good idea, but I don't think this number ever changed, I've been playing with climate controls with Forscan running.

1 hour ago, awecz said:

Good idea, but I don't think this number ever changed, I've been playing with climate controls with Forscan running.

The numbers you are looking at are not ‘real time’ though I don’t think. 

The dials @iantt has shown give the real time temps.

On 12/2/2019 at 11:06 PM, Jonro2009 said:

The numbers you are looking at are not ‘real time’ though I don’t think. 

The dials @iantt has shown give the real time temps.

I think they are, this is screnshot from stream mode in Windows Forscan.

• 1 year later...

AweCZ: Have you solved the climate control issue? BTW you can find "in car temperature" in FCIM module/int_temp

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2020 at 9:56 AM, mln said:

AweCZ: Have you solved the climate control issue? BTW you can find "in car temperature" in FCIM module/int_temp

Yes and no. The AC fixed itself and I still have this strange temperature in Forscan.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club