Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not starting issue

Lisa3004
聽Share

Hi.

Having a few problems with my 14 plate cmax. Had it for almost 3 years, passed all its mots and been regularly serviced with no issues until a couple of weeks ago. Noticed as I start the car that it seems to take that extra half a second to turn over almost like its struggling. It wasnt enough to make me query it too much at the time but now I think back it might be something more than nothing. 6 days ago I came to start the car only to find it wouldnt turn over at all. Had to get a friend to jump start it and all was fine. Thought I hadnt closed the boot properly and that's what had caused the flat battery. All was ok until I left work today to find the battery flat again. Jump started it again and all was ok. I've had no warnings or lights come on whilst driving or after I've switched the engine off. The only thing besides the slight delay when starting the engine is that the computerised fuel gauge that tells me how many miles I have left in the tank seems considerably off by around 100 miles. Any ideas on what could be causing the issue? Is it just a simple case of needing a new battery and the fuel issue coincidentally starting at the same time or could it be related. Reluctant to go and get a new battery fitted if it might be ecu related. The car is under warranty however ford cant fit it in for another 3 weeks 馃槴

Any advice would be much appreciated聽

Edited by Lisa3004

Most of the smaller places that sell batteries will do a test for free (but check first), they will check how the battery responds under load. If it's not that, then at least you've ruled it out. Places such as Wilco, or exhaust centres.

A 2014 car is likely to be still on its original battery and a low battery can cause all sorts of problems, best get it load tested not jut a voltage check with a multi meter. Plenty place will check for you, and hopefully that's what's up.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club