Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo text missing for phone & aux

John Hale

Hi,

I have a 2014 Ford Focus, with the Sony stereo and sat nav, my issue is that all the text is missing on the aux and phone displays. The CD player, radio and sat nav all have text.

Is there a way of resetting the stereo unit? Or does anyone know why this had happened suddenly?

Thanks

Might just need a total power off and back on. Disconnect car battery, leave for 30 secs and reconnect. But if there is an update, its always best to install them.

Thanks John, but does anyone know of a way of resetting the stereo without taking the leads off the battery I'm scared of making it worse and not being able to use it completely or not be able to put code into stereo and being locked out.

Without any interference from me on my way home from work yesterday all the text just reappeared at the same time the bluetooth dropped out and reconnected and I had to restart spotify, so I'm well happy.

Thanks for the advice,  must be a dodgy connection somewhere.

John

• Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 8:18 AM, John Hale said:

Thanks John, but does anyone know of a way of resetting the stereo without taking the leads off the battery I'm scared of making it worse and not being able to use it completely or not be able to put code into stereo and being locked out.

Incidentally, Sync (any version) don't have a security pin so if you ever need to disconnect the battery you don't have to worry about having to input an old school 4/6 digit code.