Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing car battery

Davec06

Hi All,

My 2014 Mondeo needs a new battery as its constantly coming up with low battery. I have purchased a new one, but have some concerns before fitting it. 

Do I need to do anything to ensure I don't need to enter my radio code, or is there anything else I'd need to do before changing it?

Thanks,

Dave

Best to find the radio code first, just in case. I've removed my battery numerous times and it doesn't  always ask for the radio code (I have sat nav unit). 

There is a setting for battery age that could be reset but not sure if its necessary...to do this you'll  need Forscan software (free), a ELM327 USB lead and a laptop. 

Forscan software Here

ELM327 lead Here

I've had my car since it was 2 1/2 years old and it's always given the low battery message, but always starts. The most annoying thing is that the radio doesn't stay on for long when the engine is not running. I can drive hundreds of miles and the message still appears. I did have the battery replaced under warranty in Jan 2015 and the message stopped appearing for about 1  1/2 years. Tried charging it but the message appears again after a month. I was tempted to buy a replacement recently but decided not to in the end. Was going to get a Yuasa 110 from Halfords.

What battery have you bought?

08.08.2019_Live_Data_BATT Home.JPG

Thank you for your advice and assistance, how would I go about getting my radio code? I bought it just after 3 years old and I've had it for over 2.5 years. 

I've also done numerous long journeys and it still doesn't clear. I have purchased a Bosch S4.

Screenshot_20191129-200839_Chrome.jpg

Do they still print radio codes on casing, if not, how do you reset, cos i'm damn sure i ain't got the code for mine..

The only time the code is on the radio is if it's second hand and written on by the seller.
As long as you get the serial number off the radio's label then the code is available from Ford or eBay.

Do you not hace a code card in your handbook folder?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I'll look through my paperwork, looks like a useful bit of kit though, cheers for that. 😀

• Like 1

The only number i can find in my paperwork/service history is a 4 digit 'keycode' plus another code for serial number starting with VO and followed by 5 digits. Could the 4 digit keycode be for the Radio? 

[mention=28494]Stoney871[/mention]sods law my battery let me down today.  

The 4 digit code will be the radio pin number.
Long one is your radio serial number.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As the cigarette lighter socket only works in position 'one' mode, is it possible to remove the key and lock the car in 'said' mode?. Is it advisable to try? Pro's and cons please.

Nope, you can only remove the key at position 0 on the ignition barrel.

• Like 1

Poor that, what with phone charging, cameras and any other gismos that plug in. Compromising security. 

Which model do you have?  People usually moan about Ford lighter sockets as they don't go off with the ignition and drain the battery! :laugh: 

If you've got a parking mode dashcam, you just need to wire it into a permanent live fuse.  It will drain the battery if the car isn't used regularly though which is why I keep mine on ignition only.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club