Dozz

Oil filled engine mounts mk3

Is it the offside (timing belt/chain end) which is oil filled? It's probably just me I've got over sensitive nerves in my right hand and arm due to an old injury but I'm sure there's a different vibration coming through the steering wheel linked to engine revs. 2.0 tdci powershift. 

21 hours ago, Dozz said:

Is it the offside (timing belt/chain end) which is oil filled? It's probably just me I've got over sensitive nerves in my right hand and arm due to an old injury but I'm sure there's a different vibration coming through the steering wheel linked to engine revs. 2.0 tdci powershift. 

Yes, on Ford's if there's a fluid filled engine mount it's always the timing side of the engine (driver's side if looking at the car and it's right hand drive).  There have a been a few threads on here over the years about the MK3 Focus factory fitted mounts being too soft and/or not lasting very long.

The reason I ask is the rh mount is dry and looks fine but I'm not sure about the rest. Unfortunately I'm unable to crawl under or over the car at the moment do can't check the rest

12 hours ago, Dozz said:

The reason I ask is the rh mount is dry and looks fine but I'm not sure about the rest. Unfortunately I'm unable to crawl under or over the car at the moment do can't check the rest

That's the only fluid filled mount, the others are just rubber and metal.  They're all doable but it's not the time of year to laying on your back on a cold road with the car on ramps/axle stands.