Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I have a rattling pan roof and iffy seat sensors. Any ideas

Debsie
聽Share

Hello everyone I鈥檓 new to this so bear with me 馃槉

I have a 2019 focus STLine X. It has a panoramic glass roof which is nice but causing me problems. There is a loud annoying rattle coming from either the roof itself or the roof trim. Dealership have removed the lining, added silicone and put it back together again, this hasn鈥檛 worked 馃槱

I also have an issue with the rear seatbelt sensors. If someone gets out of the car it thinks they are still there without their seatbelt on so the audio alert starts. The only way you can get it to stop is by switching the engine off and on again. Dealership this is how it is but surely that can鈥檛 be right can it? 馃槼

thanks in advance聽

• Sad 1

Hi, welcome to the Forum, can't help with the roof issue but I had the same issue with the rear seatbelt sensors and sorted myself. The wiring connector for the rear sensors is under the seat base on the driver's side. On mine the two halves of the connector weren't properly clipped in causing the issue (my theory is someone sitting on that side is enough to break the connection causing the fault). If you ease up the seat base you should be able to see the wiring connector, just check it's properly clicked together, mine has been fine since.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

On 12/1/2019 at 7:18 PM, Al1966 said:

Hi, welcome to the Forum, can't help with the roof issue but I had the same issue with the rear seatbelt sensors and sorted myself. The wiring connector for the rear sensors is under the seat base on the driver's side. On mine the two halves of the connector weren't properly clipped in causing the issue (my theory is someone sitting on that side is enough to break the connection causing the fault). If you ease up the seat base you should be able to see the wiring connector, just check it's properly clicked together, mine has been fine since.

Hope this helps

Hi. Thanks for the welcome. Looks like we have the same colour focus, isn鈥檛 it a great colour 馃槉

thanks for your advise I will get it looked at. It鈥檚 back with the dealership so hopefully they will sort out the rattling. Makes me wish I hadn鈥檛 gone for the pan roof though 馃槙

Any joy with resolving the rattling roof and seatbelt issues Debbie?

Very recently (earlier this week) Ford released a TSB about the rattling panoramic roof.聽

17 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

Very recently (earlier this week) Ford released a TSB about the rattling panoramic roof.聽

I have got an ST Line X with panoramic roof, what is a TSB and how do I find out more about it?

Thanks

Stuart

Ford Focus ST Line X 182 Auto.

A TSB is a technical service Bulletin. It is basically the system that Ford uses to communicate information about known problems/issues and the recommended solution to all Ford dealers.聽

TSB's are part of the (paid) part of the web based Ford Etis system. This information is not pubicly available. 聽

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club