Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus mk3 Park Pilot

ROakley

Morning all, I have an annoying issue that I need to get resolved. I have a 2015 Ford Focus titanium X with rear reversing sensors only.

About 2-3 days ago I was driving along and an error popped up on the driver screen along with the noise and disappeared shortly after. This happened 2-3 times over about 30 minutes but didn’t remain on long enough to read. The next day I got in my car started it and a message popped up on the drivers screen stating PARKING PILOT MALFUNCTION service NOW. I assumed this to be dirt on the sensor, went and cleaned all the sensors and this remedied the issue, for about 10 minutes.

I can be driving along and this will pop up numerous times sporadically and then disappear again which is very annoying. When the error pops up the reversing sensors won’t work. However if the error doesn’t pop up all sensors work fine and read objects ok. I think I have located the fuse in the boot as listed in the picture below and will try changing this but this sounds like a loose connection somewhere or perhaps water in a sensor. Can someone confirm this is indeed the right fuse?

I have left the car in the son to hopefully dry out any water.

Anyone have any experience in tracing where the wires go/come from or how to get at the rear sensors? Any help will be appreciate. There is no other issues as I have seen others have reported electric window faults and central locking as well. Everything else works fine. 

9239A206-D9F1-48AD-991D-41CD4377EE12.png

9C6468F1-2687-430C-A850-43B11125DB17.png

Has your front bumper been replaced as I can't see how park pilot would be fitted without front sensors?
My 15 titanium x has sensors front and back.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Some confusion here I think - Park Pilot is just the name that appears on the display when using the rear parking sensors (and maybe the front ones as well for those lucky few!)  Park Assist is the self-parking system where it turns the steering wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar problem with my Titanium x. So we put my car on the diagnostics at my local garage and it said the rh inner rear and front rh outer had failed. I have replaced the rear one but I await delivery of the sensor for the front. Hopefully that will solve it.

I did get the sensors off eBay so I hope they will be ok.

Do you have a trailer control module?

If so, then a failure or bad connection to this will cause the "PARKING PILOT MALFUNCTION service NOW" message.

The car will shut down the rear sensors when a trailer is present. In order to find that out it sends a message on the CAN bus to ask the trailor module if one is present. A faulty trailer module will not reply - after around 10 seconds the above message appears.

• 1 year later...

I have recently removed a tow bar from my 2015 focus with all the wiring and control modules , I now have a park pilot fault showing. What can i do to resolve this .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club