Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto High Beam

DaveG1975

I have a 2019 Focus Vignale has anybody had any problems with auto high beam when travelling down a dual carriageway they lift up when cars are passing you so your dazzling other driver from behind and on a single carriageway they don't drop only time they do work is when you approach a street with streetlights then they drop ive had the car in a ford dealership they said there was an update which included headlights they have done the done the update its made no difference 

I’ve not had any problems you describe except when I first got my car a couple of months ago and wasn’t sure why it would work sometimes and not others, read handbook, understood how it worked, problem solved. Now works as it should, faultless in most situations. Back to the dealership with yours if the fault persists.

Can't you just turn the feature off? In my opinion features like this are just encouraging drivers to be lazy, expecting the car to do everything for them. The human brain is (normally) far more intelligent than any automatic system can hope to be.

I particularly detest hill start assist as it just makes drivers hold the car on the footbrake, dazzling me with their brake lights. Whatever happened to taking a pride in your driving ability?

• Like 2

Is this a constant daily issue or intermittent? Check the sensor for condensation in the windscreen, it may be that it's not getting a clear enough reading to determine what's going on around you. Poor fitting can also be an issue, so worth a half decent look through the windscreen to see if you notice the sensor isnt aligned quite correctly etc.

• 9 months later...

Dave,

I have exactly the same issue on the exact same model and year, i have booked in at Ford to get it sorted. How did you sort it please, assuming you did. 

Andy