Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford focus mk 2

Donna white

Hi there, looking for some advice please, I have a problem with my front wipers on my mk2 focus. They work some days then others they are stuck on slow mo and if I try to change the speed they just stop in random places. Can anyone shed some light on what to do as I have read that the relay is built in, help please 🤞

the relay should be in the fuse box, if you look in your owners manual it should say where the relay number is in the fuse box

this is the relay part number 5M5T-14B192-AA only £5 new on ebay 😀

I've looked in my owners manual... Only tells u about fuses 😢nothing about relays, can't find anything anywhere. 

15754060686822645377656436556310.jpg

15754061073226581886344086561576.jpg

The white plastic fuse box can be removed from the car and taken apart (I don't think ford intend for normal owners to do this). Inside is a circuit board with loads of stuff soldered to it. if I remember correctly the relays are soldered direct to circuit board, they can't just be pulled out and new one slotted in like in the old days. I have taken one apart (to see if it had water damage inside it) but can't recall exactly what it looked like.  Electrically this is a complex car compared to some others. Fine when it all works. Very tricky when it plays up.

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2019 at 2:18 PM, isetta said:

The white plastic fuse box can be removed from the car and taken apart (I don't think ford intend for normal owners to do this). Inside is a circuit board with loads of stuff soldered to it. if I remember correctly the relays are soldered direct to circuit board, they can't just be pulled out and new one slotted in like in the old days. I have taken one apart (to see if it had water damage inside it) but can't recall exactly what it looked like.  Electrically this is a complex car compared to some others. Fine when it all works. Very tricky when it plays up.

Thanks, I reckon I will have to put it in somewhere to be looked at 😒 they started working again today, but I don't think that will last long 🤔

On 12/3/2019 at 5:58 PM, andypsp said:

the relay should be in the fuse box, if you look in your owners manual it should say where the relay number is in the fuse box

this is the relay part number 5M5T-14B192-AA only £5 new on ebay 😀

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club