Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Temperature gauge goes up fast

Daniel frape

Hi wondering if anyone could please help me on here I have a Ford Fiesta mk6 2005 petrol 

my temperature gauge goes up fast I’ll turn the car on in the morning after it’s been sitting over the weekend it’ll idle for 5-10 minutes and it’ll already be half way up I haven’t got no coolant loss/codes or any thing suspicious 

can some one shed some light  

Not sure that's a problem. I'm sure my car would be up to temperature after 10 minutes of idling. Why are you idling for so long?

Does it overheat on a journey?

• Like 1

it will go up to a certain level, then the thermostat opens to let water flow through the radiator. that stops it getting hotter further at the same rate. As long as the temp guage gets to that level and then stays there I think it's ok. 

Thankyou for your reply’s, I haven't owned it for very long I’d just done filters/oil change Let it run to check the levels, I had noticed that the temp bar had gone half way and the engine seem quite hot The fan had kicked in too but It doesn’t go above half way on short or long journeys.

Im used to diesel vans witch take forever to warm up

As long as it's not overheating it's fine. A quick warm up is desirable as it's more efficient.

My 2016 Fiesta St-line 140 would be a few miles up the road before I got any noticeable warm air from the heater. My New 2019 ST-Line X is much quicker I  am getting warm air from the heater less than 1/2 mile up the road on the recent colder mornings, 0 to Minus 2 C outside.

Engine temp guage is much quicker to get to normal position as well.

Ok thankyou for your reply my minds at ease now I’ll try not to worry about it now 

Depends, to a great extent, on the ambient temperature how long it takes the engine to warm up but, even in the cold weather we've been having recently, mine is up to running temperature in less than 10 minutes.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club