Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Colour Code

hawker

I'm trying to find the colour code for my 2006 Focus to buy some touch-up.

I've looked at the sticker on the driver's door sill with the VIN details etc, and cant work out what the code is from this.

I've looked on Paints4U and entered a 2006 blue ford focus, and I cant match any of the codes they return with anything on the VIN sticker at all.

Its a sort of electric metallic blue colour (sort of mid range, ie not dark or light). Judging by the colours displayed on Paints4U, its either option 1 or 2, but its difficult to know for sure using this on screen colour as my yardstick.

thanks

The Paint code should be the 2nd from bottom on the left hand side of the VIN plate

Try This link

In this example the paint code is Z and year from 2003.

Roger

Thanks for that Roger.

In that case, my paint code is G3, which from that link you posted suggests its Aquarius.

Looking at Paints4U, the available blue codes for 2006 are:

3CTA = BLUE PRINT [sUMMER BLUE]

3CYC = INK BLUE

4CVE = AQUARIUS - BAHAMA BLUE

4CWA = DEEP NAVY

57 = AMPARO BLUE XSC2608

5DVE = JEANS

Not sure why Paints4U are showing completly different codes.

:unsure:

Thanks for that Roger.

In that case, my paint code is G3, which from that link you posted suggests its Aquarius.

Looking at Paints4U, the available blue codes for 2006 are:

3CTA = BLUE PRINT [sUMMER BLUE]

3CYC = INK BLUE

4CVE = AQUARIUS - BAHAMA BLUE

4CWA = DEEP NAVY

57 = AMPARO BLUE XSC2608

5DVE = JEANS

Not sure why Paints4U are showing completly different codes.

unsure.gif

http://www.cartouchuppaints.co.uk/touch_up_paint_codes.php

and for paint http://carpaintrepair.co.uk/ford-focus-touch-up-paint-2175-0.html i found different colours as well for the same paint code im assuming that the euro models have different paint than the us etc with the same codes

You could also try the Ford Etis site. Put your registration in and it should tell you the actual colour.

Mine gives Diamond white rather than a code.

Roger

• 3 years later...

Yes I have the same issue too, I also have G3, which is not recongised, I get Aqauruis blue, but there is different shades, none match the car....

Fords paint codes are nothing like industry standard paint codes which I think are what are listed above. Makes it very confusing but that website will have cross referenced Fords code to an industry standard one

yes I have been told that, I'm not sure what to do, don't want the paint to look too uneven....BTW Andy, Nice Colour car....Looks just like My colour of car lol!!

Mine is known as Vision Blue, can't remember the Ford paint code, but the Halfords prepared tins are a good enough match for me.

I think it is 8CPC. I think that is going to be my best match to be honest, I will go to halford for a tester... will post results..... Cheers Andy...