Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New ST Line X owner, couple of questions

mitch84

17 hours ago, Blatto said:

Blimey, I'd roast at that temperature and probably fall asleep. I set mine to 17C and only have the A/C on in colder weather to demist.

Have you reset your AVG MPG setting, try that before a longer journey to see what you would be getting as otherwise you are just seeing the average over your whole set of short journeys as well, so it won't change much. I have left my Trip 2 Avg MPG setting alone since about 500 miles on the clock and reset the Trip 1 Avg MPG about once a month. That way I'll get an overall mpg value on trip 2 and can keep an eye on my current Avg MPG on Trip 1's display.

I looked at my trip 2 yesterday and it had an average of 37mpg, I can't remember if I had reset that when I picked the car up. I might reset all counters and start again then, and like you leave trip 2 alone.

Heading for 5000miles now and the economy seems to have settled at 45mpg with air con on all the time.

I expect this to improve as the weather warms up again.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Piston Head said:

Heading for 5000miles now and the economy seems to have settled at 45mpg with air con on all the time.

I expect this to improve as the weather warms up again.

Heading for 4000 miles, mines settled at about 47mpg for my 64 mile round trip commute, expect it will just about push over 50mpg when the weather warms up

Did a longer distance today 34miles round trip mostly on dual carriagway and hit 42mpg, I reset my trip beforehand, if I had traveled further i'm sure it would have reached high 40s.

• Like 1

My 140 ST line X sits at 33mpg, do you guys use the eco mode?

As mentioned earlier in the thread, never used it, aircon on permanently, averaged 45mpg over 10,000 miles. Very little town or motorway driving, mostly single carriageway A or B roads, observing speed limits.

1 hour ago, ThatMadAfrican said:

No, it makes the throttle response very slow.

Doesn't improve my mpg anyway, you can do it better by using your right foot correctly and driving with anticipation of the road ahead.

Don't think I could get it down to 33 mpg even if I was driving like a boy racer in stop start town traffic on a cold day with every power consuming device turned on.

Washed my car today, from now on I will leave my keys in the house while I wash it, every time I knocked the door handles, or sprayed them with the hose the car was constantly unlocking and locking and the mirrors opening and shutting, the handles seem very sensitive, anyone else found that when washing car with the keyless entry.

22 minutes ago, mitch84 said:

Washed my car today, from now on I will leave my keys in the house while I wash it, every time I knocked the door handles, or sprayed them with the hose the car was constantly unlocking and locking and the mirrors opening and shutting, the handles seem very sensitive, anyone else found that when washing car with the keyless entry.

Every keyless entry car I've had did the same thing.  I think that the volume of water just activates the sensors quite easily is all, so I tend to leave the key in the garage or something whilst I was the car.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 1:51 PM, ThatMadAfrican said:

Have only used ECO mode once and that was by accident. It makes the car feel like a 100ps and I didn't notice any economy benefit tbh.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 1:51 PM, ThatMadAfrican said:

Never.

8 hours ago, mitch84 said:

My passenger side doorlock sensor has now failed. It's mainly only me that uses the car so I've just added to my list for just before the warranty expires in October 😉

I only just noticed under the foldable door mirrors there is a little light that shines down, I noticed the light before but presumed it was just the front headlights.

Also unless Im going crazy I thought the ford pass app showed the oil life?

I opened the app today and could not find it anywhere😕

1 hour ago, mitch84 said:

I only just noticed under the foldable door mirrors there is a little light that shines down, I noticed the light before but presumed it was just the front headlights.

Also unless Im going crazy I thought the ford pass app showed the oil life?

I opened the app today and could not find it anywhere😕

My oil life indicator has also disappeared from the app, not just you!

10 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Weird, will have to check if the app has had a recent update.

• Like 1

oil life is still there on my app.

The little light on the mirrors is a puddle light. Illuminates the outside of the door area so you lessen the chance of standing in puddles or dog crap getting in or out of the car.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Oil life is still there on my app.

The little light on the mirrors is a puddle light. Illuminates the outside of the door area so you lessen the chance of standing in puddles or dog crap getting in or out of the car.

Where about's is oil life on the app?

Makes no sense, it was there recently on the front page where fuel level tyre pressure is for me.

Click vehicle details and service, oil life is between tyre pressures and WiFi hotspots.

1 hour ago, Mavroz said:

Screenshot_20200115-111809_FordPass.jpg

Not there on mine anymore, might try removing app and installing again.

My App Store reports it was updated today as well.

Cheers

32 minutes ago, mitch84 said:

Not there on mine anymore, might try removing app and installing again.

My App Store reports it was updated today as well.

Cheers

My app stopped working a couple of months ago. Might have to try and re install it haha

22 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

11 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Click vehicle details and service, oil life is between tyre pressures and WiFi hotspots.

I emailed Ford Pass team, it's a known issue and they said it should be back by end of the month, @Mavroz have you updated your app recently?

I'm on iPhone and had an update the other day and thats when I noticed oil life missing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mitch84 said:

I emailed Ford Pass team, it's a known issue and they said it should be back by end of the month, @Mavroz have you updated your app recently?

I'm on iPhone and had an update the other day and thats when I noticed oil life missing.

Nice one, at least it’s getting sorted.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club