Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New ST Line X owner, couple of questions

mitch84

I have a few questions, I thought ask on here, not start own thread.

12v Aux power (cigarette lighter) socket - On Friday, when I got to work I left my phone charging. When I checked 8+ hours later it wasn't fully charged, power was off (Has LED on power cable), but had received some charge ,  A while ago (last year) I read a thread about someone complaining about it staying on, as their dashcam keeps on recording, however with mine seams to on, but turns off later. So should it stay on or turn off with ignition?

Just a daft one, What is the thin slot between the cup holders and buttons used for? Don't think I've seen any mention in Owners manual.

The slot is for holding car park exit tickets probably.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Stoney871 said:

The slot is for holding car park exit tickets probably.

Should that not be on the windscreen? I know VAG cars have a clip to hold them, my previous car had one and I miss it on the Fiesta.

Should that not be on the windscreen? I know VAG cars have a clip to hold them, my previous car had one and I miss it on the Fiesta.
I mean the type of ticket issued in car parks where you pay on exit and put the card into the barrier when leaving.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I mean the type of ticket issued in car parks where you pay on exit and put the card into the barrier when leaving.

I re-read your answer and had a though that, that's what you were meaning. I wondered if it was for a bank card, instead of a coin holder, but I think your suggestion seams better.

9 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

My oil life indicator has returned!

Same here 😀, checked and the app had an update the other day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim H said:

I have a few questions, I thought ask on here, not start own thread.

12v Aux power (cigarette lighter) socket - On Friday, when I got to work I left my phone charging. When I checked 8+ hours later it wasn't fully charged, power was off (Has LED on power cable), but had received some charge ,  A while ago (last year) I read a thread about someone complaining about it staying on, as their dashcam keeps on recording, however with mine seams to on, but turns off later. So should it stay on or turn off with ignition?

Just a daft one, What is the thin slot between the cup holders and buttons used for? Don't think I've seen any mention in Owners manual.

If you have all the buttons you don't get the "gap"

dash.jpg

4 minutes ago, Tiexen said:

If you have all the buttons you don't get the "gap"

dash.jpg

I don't have Park assist/aid. Only have 3 buttons, Eco mode, TCS and S/S.

4 hours ago, Jim H said:

I re-read your answer and had a though that, that's what you were meaning. I wondered if it was for a bank card, instead of a coin holder, but I think your suggestion seams better.

I use it for easily reaching the car park ticket for the barrier, and also my bank card at drive through’s and things so I’m not fishing around in my wallet. Quite useful actually!

• Like 1

I just connected my car to my home wifi, not sure the benefit other than checking for updates though.

I noticed I have wifi hotspot enabled, not something I use, is it ok to disable this or is it needed for ford pass or something else maybe?

Going to attempt to fit some LED fogs today so they match up with the LED headlights, got the below which have a fan on the back of them.

They were quite pricey for some lights but the build quality seem's excellent.

AD86EC77-186E-46AD-A132-135B84156E5F_1_201_a.jpeg

All done, look great.

The online videos make it look so easy taking the trim off, I found it difficult, I snapped one clip on each side on the non painted grey trim around the fog light, but luckily it made no difference when fitting it back.

Since purchasing my car in December I have been filling up at Shell, not sure why as I used go to my local Sainsbury's Supermarket forecourt. I just get the standard petrol from Shell.

Do you lot get the premium V power fuel from Shell/BP or do you get standard 95ron from Supermarket forecourt?

I guess Im just being a bit stupid thinking Shell fuel will be better for my new car!

5 minutes ago, mitch84 said:

Since purchasing my car in December I have been filling up at Shell, not sure why as I used go to my local Sainsbury's Supermarket forecourt. I just get the standard petrol from Shell.

Do you lot get the premium V power fuel from Shell/BP or do you get standard 95ron from Supermarket forecourt?

I guess Im just being a bit stupid thinking Shell fuel will be better for my new car!

I tend to vary between Texaco normal fuel and Asda fuel, just depends on what is closest when I want to fuel up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matthew McGuinness said:

I tend to vary between Texaco normal fuel and Asda fuel, just depends on what is closest when I want to fuel up.

I'm tempted to try the V power from Shell just to see if I notice any improvement in mpg, anyone know what the rough price difference is between Shell 95ron and V power ?

• Like 1

Asda every time. I can't remember ever going anywhere else at all for fuel! 

The lad fills his AMG at BP and Shell filling stations and religiously uses the Vpower fuel and Ultimate (I think it is called). He says he was recommended to use it as he gets more MPG than premium fuels in his car...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mitch84 said:

I'm tempted to try the V power from Shell just to see if I notice any improvement in mpg, anyone know what the rough price difference is between shell 95ron and V power ?

I'm no longer trying to get the best mpg now im just enjoying driving the car, i get around 41.5 mpg, i will take that with the roads that i drive on and the times i drive. haha.

• Like 1

I just go to wherever is cheapest for unleaded (within a reasonable distance). Most of the standard stuff comes from the same refinery anyway with very little difference and a 1.0 Ecoboost doesn’t really need any of the premium stuff. Or at least, if anyone notices any difference, imo it isn’t worth the price difference per tank

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Matthew McGuinness said:

I'm no longer trying to get the best mpg now im just enjoying driving the car, i get around 41.5 mpg, i will take that with the roads that i drive on and the times i drive. haha.

I average about 40-41mpg sometimes it drops a bit lower, depending how I drive on my short journey to work (about 12miles)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DG97 said:

I just go to wherever is cheapest for unleaded (within a reasonable distance). Most of the standard stuff comes from the same refinery anyway with very little difference and a 1.0 Ecoboost doesn’t really need any of the premium stuff. Or at least, if anyone notices any difference, imo it isn’t worth the price difference per tank

1 hour ago, Matthew McGuinness said:

Haha, yes, cheapest is good enough for us too.

MPG isn't an issue either so we just drive as we do.

• Like 2

This seems to crop up with great regularity! Fwiw, never found the slightest difference whatever I used with 3 exceptions. I experienced poor running after a fill at a Morrison's supermarket a couple of years back, and many years ago had a similar experience with NAFTA? (I think - I believe it came from the eastern bloc?). The other was the Astra SRi that I had at the time of the switch to unleaded - it always went much better on a dose of 4 star!

Often wonder why folks worry so much about the odd mpg (particularly after buying a "sporty" car) when your biggest motoring expense is usually depreciation (or insurance when you're young!).

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Often wonder why folks worry so much about the odd mpg (particularly after buying a "sporty" car) when your biggest motoring expense is usually depreciation (or insurance when you're young!).

Don't get me started on insurance haha, Im 20 years old, it cost me over £1800 a year for insurance on a 64 plate fiesta titanium 100bhp. But now i have a 140 bhp st line x my insurance is £800 cheaper, it really made it a no brainier for me to switch cars, haha.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Matthew McGuinness said:

Don't get me started on insurance haha, Im 20 years old, it cost me over £1800 a year for insurance on a 64 plate fiesta titanium 100bhp. But now i have a 140 bhp st line x my insurance is £800 cheaper, it really made it a no brainier for me to switch cars, haha.

Without wanting to get you started😀, I've come across things like that before. A few years back I enquired, just out of interest, what the insurance would cost if I swapped my "normal" Civic for a Type R, and it was less. I could get no explanation other than "that's what the computer says"! 

Did you get any logical reason? I suppose it could be that the Mk 8 has better brakes and more safety kit, but whatever, that's a great saving!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club