Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Slow Heating Up

wimiu012uk

Could anyone help ?

My 54 plate 130bhp 2.0lt TDci mondeo takes ages to heat up especially on cold mornings. If i am just going slowly e.g 30/40 mph it takes 10 or more miles to heat up and if the fan is put on a high setting the temperature guage drops ?

If on the other hand i take the car onto the motorway and do 70 + mph it warms up fairly quickly.

Faulty thermostat ?

Also is there more than one thermosat fitted as i have heard there may be an electronic one.

Any advice out there please.

Could anyone help ?

My 54 plate 130bhp 2.0lt TDci mondeo takes ages to heat up especially on cold mornings. If i am just going slowly e.g 30/40 mph it takes 10 or more miles to heat up and if the fan is put on a high setting the temperature guage drops ?

If on the other hand i take the car onto the motorway and do 70 + mph it warms up fairly quickly.

Faulty thermostat ?

Also is there more than one thermosat fitted as i have heard there may be an electronic one.

Any advice out there please.

well with the heater on high and the car cold it will take longer to warm up as youre basically robbing all the heat from the radiator which is why youre temp gauge is dropping as soon as the engine warms up youre taking all the heat out by having the heater on full so i wouldnt worry diesels always take longer than a petrol to heat up as they run cooler anyway from what you say it doesnt sound like you have an issue to me its not warm yet and on the motorway it heats up quickly from what youve sasid it sounds like a fairly normal diesel keep the heater on low till the car warms up if you can when summer comes if it does youll see it will warm up a lot quicker mate

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club