Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated front windscreen 2007

Lamboste

Hi all,

My heated front screen wont work. 

I have checked 2 fuses both ok 1 for left side 1 for the right. When I press the button I can hear the relay click. And the button lights up.

Any tips on what I can check next please? 

Its a 2007 1.4 petrol 

The screen may have failed its not unusual the elements do break after time and if your is 12 years old that may be the problem.

Has it just stopped working? Have you had the car long, also check that the screen hasn't been changed to a non heated one.

it would be unusual for both halves to fail at once if it is the actual screen at fault.  I had one that was failing due to age and getting worse gradually as vertical lines stopped working so it was like looking through prison bars. The connectors are under the plastic covers than run down the left and right of windscreen inside the car. They just prise off, but the fixings can break when doing that. but even if a connector problem it would seem odd for both sides to go at once as they have separate connectors and wiring from each side.

• Like 1

Do you have the engine running when you try the screen if not chances are it won't work it draws a lot of power.

4 hours ago, pragmatix said:

The screen may have failed its not unusual the elements do break after time and if your is 12 years old that may be the problem.

Has it just stopped working? Have you had the car long, also check that the screen hasn't been changed to a non heated one.

Not working since I got the car just on a year had a few small issues but sorted the other bits. Not been changed can see lines in it. 

2 hours ago, pragmatix said:

Do you have the engine running when you try the screen if not chances are it won't work it draws a lot of power.

Yes engine running and no change in rev counter on tick over.

3 hours ago, isetta said:

it would be unusual for both halves to fail at once if it is the actual screen at fault.  I had one that was failing due to age and getting worse gradually as vertical lines stopped working so it was like looking through prison bars. The connectors are under the plastic covers than run down the left and right of windscreen inside the car. They just prise off, but the fixings can break when doing that. but even if a connector problem it would seem odd for both sides to go at once as they have separate connectors and wiring from each side.

Yer is quite strange but will take off the panel ad you say and see what I can find, thanks for all info.

2 hours ago, Lamboste said:

Yes engine running and no change in rev counter on tick over.

Might need a few more revs

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club