Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what MK ??

johnboy1958

Hello everyone. Just bought a ford fiesta 55 plate, and i am having trouble finding exactly which MK it is :(

It's a, Fiesta 1.4 Ghia on a 55 plate. Been looking for spare parts i need, and results come up MAINLY as a MK6.

It needs a front bumper, but there are that many different ones {fog lights etc} that i'm not sure if the correct parts. Are parts between mk's interchangeable ?

Do different shape fog lights round/triangular lights have same fittings, or does a complete purchase (with covers} fit in mine??? Mine has triangular type fitted.

Any help would be gratefully accepted :) cheers, John

• Like 1

Hello everyone. Just bought a ford fiesta 55 plate, and i am having trouble finding exactly which MK it is :(
It's a, Fiesta 1.4 Ghia on a 55 plate. Been looking for spare parts i need, and results come up MAINLY as a MK6.
It needs a front bumper, but there are that many different ones {fog lights etc} that i'm not sure if the correct parts. Are parts between mk's interchangeable ?
Do different shape fog lights round/triangular lights have same fittings, or does a complete purchase (with covers} fit in mine??? Mine has triangular type fitted.
Any help would be gratefully accepted :) cheers, John
Post a picture of the front and rear of your car, that will help us. Obviously put something over your vrm or blur it out

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sry guys, having trouble uploading pictures to PC. i'll post couple pictures when i get it sorted :(:(

indicators in top of headlights is mk6.5, indicators in bottom of headlights is mk6.  going by UK mk numbers.   But this car is often shown as Mk V (roman numeral 5) as not all countries are using the same designation of mk numbers on fiestas.

5 minutes ago, johnboy1958 said:

20191207_140330.jpg

mk 6

• Like 2

above I said "indicators in top of headlights is mk6.5, indicators in bottom of headlights is mk6."   , sorry, I got that round wrong way. you have mk6 (not mk6.5)

• Like 2

Thank you for the help guys, but i need a little more 😞 My MK6 🙂 has the LED fuel and temperature gauges. On later ones these are replaced with two "standard"

gauges, top center of the instrument cluster (which i prefer) Can anyone tell me if the connections are the same on both types?  IE, can i change the instrument cluster to the one with clocks for temp and fuel????

I have no idea if can be changed. I think you mean LCD not LED.  

you could try looking at eBay pics of instrument clusters to see if you can tell if plug connector the same. But that would not totally guarantee electrical compatability.

But I would not be surprised if the instrument cluster did not fit, I would be surprised if dimensions exactly  the same. 

• Sad 1

Don’t forget if you change the clocks you will either need to get the new instrument panel coded for the car and mileage changed to match or get the mileage verified for MOT purposes etc.

Yeah i realize that Jonro2009 but i am more concerned about getting one if it is NOT changeble 😞