Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 mondeo st electric mirrors not moving right

Tonyp3462

As title says I’ve a st tdci with electric and foldin mirrors. 

the button to operate the mirrors works in all ways apart from moving them to the right. 

Do I just need to replace the switch or is this more of a wiring problem ? 

any advice please thanks 

Try pushing the mirror glass to the right to see if it moves any further, if it does then you can reset it to suit your vision of the rear view. I have had to do similar to the mirrors myself on various cars.

If its an electrical problem then you will need to look at the switch and wiring, the usual place the wiring tends to fail is in the shroud between the pillar and the door. although it could be anywhere. Have you checked the fuse{s}

2 hours ago, eddie eastwood said:

Try pushing the mirror glass to the right to see if it moves any further, if it does then you can reset it to suit your vision of the rear view. I have had to do similar to the mirrors myself on various cars.

If its an electrical problem then you will need to look at the switch and wiring, the usual place the wiring tends to fail is in the shroud between the pillar and the door. although it could be anywhere. Have you checked the fuse{s}

I can move both mirrors up down and left just not to the right. I can also fold them too. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club