Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what do these codes mean ?!!

Eng_Ahmad1986
聽Share

Hello to all 馃檪

I was at the dealer yesterday, they updated the BCM ( Body control module ) , and after I got back the car, I just happen to check the engineering test menu on my car , I found these codes in the DTC section , I have tried googling them with no luck, the car performs normally , there are no warning lights or any strange behaviour, it should be noted also that these codes are recorded ( history ) and not ( current ), does any body have an idea about these codes ? or how they could have been generated ? is it ok to just drive the car and not to worry about them ? thank you very much 馃檪

IMG_4542.JPG

Car is 2019 ? Just go to a Ford Dealership you used and ask them.

• Like 1

sure I will if it is something urgent, just asked if anybody has information about these codes, may they were just generated during the update process, since they are recorded as history not current 馃檪

• Like 1

well after some googling it turned out that the first code means : lost communication with the body control module , and the second code means : lost communication with the gateway module, may they were generated during the BCM update and at the dealer they didn't erase them ? since they are recorded as history now ? but what the BCM has to do with the gateway module ? what is the function of the gateway module anyway ? 馃槃

3 hours ago, Eng_Ahmad1986 said:

well after some googling it turned out that the first code means : lost communication with the body control module , and the second code means : lost communication with the gateway module, may they were generated during the BCM update and at the dealer they didn't erase them ? since they are recorded as history now ? but what the BCM has to do with the gateway module ? what is the function of the gateway module anyway ? 馃槃

I think you are correct, these are probably historic codes that were generated when the BCM was updated.

When I got my car back after some warranty work was done I hooked up FORScan to see if the original fault codes were there and I had similar Lost Communication Codes to yours in lots of unrelated Modules, these were not there before. I cleared them with FORScan and they have not come back.

Also when I opened my Ford Pass App a few days later the same codes had been sent to me via my messages. The time that they were sent was when my car was being worked on.聽

It would be a good idea to get yourself access to FORScan. As well as Live Data, the codes you get are the proper ones with a description and possible causes and you can clear them.

As far as I know the Gateway Module is an interface that allows the modules to communicate with each other, including ones that are not on the same Canbus.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 11:25 PM, Tizer said:

I think you are correct, these are probably historic codes that were generated when the BCM was updated.

When I got my car back after some warranty work was done I hooked up FORScan to see if the original fault codes were there and I had similar Lost Communication Codes to yours in lots of unrelated Modules, these were not there before. I cleared them with FORScan and they have not come back.

Also when I opened my Ford Pass App a few days later the same codes had been sent to me via my messages. The time that they were sent was when my car was being worked on.聽

It would be a good idea to get yourself access to FORScan. As well as Live Data, the codes you get are the proper ones with a description and possible causes and you can clear them.

As far as I know the Gateway Module is an interface that allows the modules to communicate with each other, including ones that are not on the same Canbus.

thanks for these information actually you strengthened my point of view 馃檪 unfortunately I don't have FORESCAN in reach, but as long as they are history I will wait for the next due service and tell the dealer to erase them ( my next due service is after 4000 km ) , in the mean time I will watch for them periodically if they are going to move from history to current 馃檪 thank you very much聽 馃檪

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club