Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Incorrect Pin

Anderson1863

Hi just wondered if anyone has encountered this problem before as it’s driving me mad.

Picked up my new car yesterday a focus 2014 plate, it’s the 2011-2014 model. 

When I try and set up the bluetooth it’s bring up a pin on the display, I then go to the bluetooth sync option on my iPhone and it then loads up a pin but it’s not the same pin as the car is displaying...!

I have tried different phones and disconnected any nearby bluetooth devices and still no joy. 

I have searched and searched google and YouTube but no joy nobody seems to have this same problem, I’ve tried all the obvious things like making sure there isn’t an old phone connected, and resetting settings but still no joy. 

Thanks for taking the time to read. 

H

• Like 1

Just now, dezwez said:

have you tried 0000 sometimes works

I don’t seem to have an option to press anything?

The car display brings up a different pin every time, then when I select the sync option in my iPhone menu it just brings up a completely different pin and fails to paid. 

• Like 1

is there away to clear the number in you I phone. Iam not used to I phones

1 minute ago, dezwez said:

is there away to clear the number in you I phone. Iam not used to I phones

Not at all it seems the (different) number just pops up and you have the option to pair or cancel. Selecting pair it the attempts to connect but fails as it’s not the same pin. 

I hope someone can help as I said I dont use I phones sorry about that🙁

No problem, just so frustrating and can usually find the solution online but I’ve searched and searched. 

Thank you for replying. 

8 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Thanks tried that but no joy, when the 6 digit pin appears on display. I’ve tried all buttons to “seek” and get it to 4 0000 but doesn’t let me seek or do anything other than pair or cancel 😞

Thanks tried that but no joy, when the 6 digit pin appears on display. I’ve tried all buttons to “seek” and get it to 4 0000 but doesn’t let me seek or do anything other than pair or cancel [emoji20]
How annoying

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It is a Simple Secure Pairing (SSP) issue, this method of pairing was introduced in bluetooth v2.1 and cannot be disabled.

Have you tried removing the fuse for the Sync unit? This will force it to do a clean boot and my fix your problem, same with your iPhone, do a soft reboot on that too.

As far as I know you shouldn't need the radio code after a reboot because the code is stored in the BCM but check this first.

Have you tried an Android phone?

4 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

It is a Simple Secure Pairing (SSP) issue, this method of pairing was introduced in Bluetooth v2.1 and cannot be disabled.

Have you tried removing the fuse for the Sync unit? This will force it to do a clean boot and my fix your problem, same with your iPhone, do a soft reboot on that too.

As far as I know you shouldn't need the radio code after a reboot because the code is stored in the BCM but check this first.

Thank you very helpful. 

I had read about removing the fuse, that’s the next step which I haven’t tried yet so I will give that a go tonight and I’ll also soft reboot the iPhone.  

Not tried it on an Android no. 

Thank You

11 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

It is a Simple Secure Pairing (SSP) issue, this method of pairing was introduced in Bluetooth v2.1 and cannot be disabled.

Don’t suppose you happen to know the number fuse for the sync system? Looked through the manual but can’t see the sync system listed.,?

2 hours ago, Anderson1863 said:

Don’t suppose you happen to know the number fuse for the sync system? Looked through the manual but can’t see the sync system listed.,?

fuse 67 in the passengers footwell, should be a 7.5a

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 11:57 PM, Jonro2009 said:

fuse 67 in the passengers footwell, should be a 7.5a

Thanks! That’s fixed it. Great stuff. 

• Like 1

Thanks! That’s fixed it. Great stuff. 
That's awesome!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have the exact same issue, but my fuse box is in the boot (“load compartment”). My manual doesn’t list a fuse for the SYNC - does anyone know which one it is please?!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club