Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To: Focus MK3 SYNC 3 upgrade for Bluetooth Voice Control (BVC) cars from 2011, 2012 and 2013

JPW

Yep, perfect. Just plug in to the back of the Sync 3 unit and leave coiled up at the top of it, towards back of dash.

Brilliant that’s great @JPW you know the additional wiring that is needed what voltage/amp would you recommend buying. 

kind regards

@JPW that’s great, can’t wait for it all to arrive. 

start working on it and changing everything over. 

ben

Sounds great. Any problems just ask.

One thing I missed from the tutorial is that you need to activate an enhanced licence for Forscan. It's a 2 month free licence.

Go to http://forscan.org/forum/extlic.php and sign up to the forum. The moderator will activate your account (might take 24 to 48hrs so do it in advance). Then click the link again and it will allow you to get the licence.

James

It's part of my how to guide, have a scan over. It's software that you need to use to activate the new system in the car, so it realises you have Sync 3 instead of the old system 🙂

@JPW which after market reverse camera would you recommend, I have found two variants. Will these be able to connect to the reverse camera adapter? Hope you can help

20FFAF0A-43FB-435A-A477-EA9E55C8487C.png

389BBC56-DB30-47B7-A229-41F6353FA538.png

6A46FE40-582C-47E2-983C-BCEB75BCE717.png

5CF7CC1B-03E4-441C-A52D-DE4AA37F108C.png

4DCB4418-1324-4239-A82B-D1D0306A939F.png

@jpw I have this wiring harness that came attached with the USB HUB. Any clue what it could be for.... 

49C78118-878E-42EB-BC56-50C3587CA218.jpeg

7BE22419-1681-44DC-89EB-6FE5AAFB5BD2.jpeg

6CE7F2BD-64AF-46EA-A13F-4623208811F2.jpeg

EBD69BCE-C9D0-4FDB-AB5F-8B333840AC37.jpeg

Any reverse camera should work as long as it has an RCA connector, though you'd need to run a long RCA cable from front to back, if your car doesn't already have the reverse camera wiring in place.

Regarding the harness on the USB hub, you technically only need the power connector that's plugged in to the hub itselfand then follow my guide to join the two wires coming out of that with two wires the sync connector for Hub Power and Hub Gnd, plus the usb cable you purchase.

That’s great thank you I’ve brought a reverse camera kit that has all the equipment needed 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi James,first i would like to congratulate you for this work and I hope you are enjoying your Sync 3 upgrade,i have been looking for informations to do the same upgrade on my 2012 C Max since I bought all the Sync 3 upgrade composants thinking my car has sync 1 module but i was surprised when i discovered it has a bluetooth module instead the same as yours with the blue 54 pins connector very disappointing i should say because I have been hopeless till a guy from another forum directed me here and I read your thread,i have some questions about the wiring, i have already rewired my harness based on the electrical focus diagram( between APIM ACM ICP old 5’ screen) but the APIM dos not go on hoping i didn’t not brick it,can you send me please a schematic with the correct wiring ?

Sorry for my english, i’am from France.

Kind regards.

Hello James, excellent guide!

I have the same car as you, a 62 plate Focus 1.6 TDCi Titanium (not X) with the Sony 9 speaker system but without navigation.

I've spent most of the day reading so many how to guides it's fried my brain!

I only want to have navigation in my car with my existing Sony but not upgrade to sync 1,2, 3 etc

Do I need just the screen from a 2012 Titanium to accomplish this?

The screen above my Sony in my car doesn't have the sd card slot. In my armrest box behind the handbrake there isn;t an sd card slot either.

Here is my actual stereo in my car.

Please help with what I need to get/to do?  Cheers 

20200126_190412 - Copy.jpg

20200126_190501 - Copy.jpg

Hi Aego

I believe you will need a few things to replace your setup with factory sat nav.

You will need a new 5" screen (APIM), a cheap GPS antenna plus the slightly different Sony fascia (as you have 4" not 5"). A map SD card and additionally a couple of wires need changing in the harness.

I can provide the part numbers if you need...

Hi James, thankyou very much for your help!

Please do, the part numbers would be most helpful. Regarding the different Sony facia, would you have a link to a photo of it and do I retain the sound quality of my existing Sony?

Cheers, Chris.

Hi evryone,i'am back with some good news,i finished my harness,i will post photos soon but i'am not finding the C23B connector on the BCM so help please.

Kind regards.

Hi both. I will try and get back to you soon, just been busy.

Cheers

Thanks James, I'm afraid to go spending till I know what to search for and buy 🙈

Hi James, interestingly the Australia Focus 2012 Titanium has the same Sony facia with nav as in my 2012 Titanium (no nav in mine). You mentioned I need a slightly different Sony facia?  Confused now 🙈

https://www.caradvice.com.au/142416/2012-ford-focus-sport-titanium-now-standard-with-satellite-navigation/

20200130_220753.jpg

Hi all,still looking to connect the remaining  4 wires(16-17 and 53-54) for 16 and 17 as i read we can connect them to pin 18 and 19 in the withe  DEATC ( climate control) connector respectively,for 53 and 54 as i understand they go  in the OBD II plug pin 6 and 14.

waiting for confirmation please.

kind regards.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club