Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To: Focus MK3 SYNC 3 upgrade for Bluetooth Voice Control (BVC) cars from 2011, 2012 and 2013

JPW

On 1/30/2020 at 9:14 PM, JPW said:

Hi both. I will try and get back to you soon, just been busy.

Cheers

Hi,i just ended BVC to Sync 3 upgrade ,radio panel control buttons,navigation and bluetooth work fine since the ignition is off as i turn the car on ther’s no sound coming from  speakers but i’am stuck with programming so i can’t access to APIM or ACM to configurate them,the issue is that when i plug my modified obd2 the only module i can configurate is IPC with ms/hs can triggered no way to have more modules.
Help please.

wait did my car skip school or somthing cause i have the 2" screen no aux no bluetooth no voice commande but i have the buttons on the steering whell where can i plug the sync 1/1.1 module i think i don't even have it 

Hi all,so after erasing vehicle profile on Forscan I have much more modules to configurate but still no APIM, i’am wondering if should not i first replace the BTC module by the APIM in the BCM ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,i finally resolved all the issues i had i even installed rear camera updated my Sync 3 to 3.4v with 8F nav maps activated HD radio auto lock and many other options so feel welcome to ask any question please.

• 3 weeks later...

On 3/5/2020 at 2:14 PM, Ghano38 said:

Hi all,i finally resolved all the issues i had i even installed rear camera updated my Sync 3 to 3.4v with 8F nav maps activated HD radio auto lock and many other options so feel welcome to ask any question please.

Hi, I've been having exactly the same worries as you. How did you solve the problem? 

On 3/26/2020 at 10:50 AM, sylvainmrtz said:

Hi, I've been having exactly the same worries as you. How did you solve the problem? 

Hi and sorry for delay,what kind of issues you are facing exactly?

if you can’t see the apim on forscan than you have to double check the hs-can wires if sound issues than you to precise me witches ones so i can help you.

On 3/26/2020 at 10:50 AM, sylvainmrtz said:

Hi and sorry for delay,you probably resolved the issue since if not can you please tell us what is your issue exactly?

if you can’t find the apim on Forscan than double check the HS can wires and erase old profiles before scanning your car.

if you sound issues like me i just removed the permanent +12 from the main acm connector(pin 3).

• 1 month later...

Hi, I know I’m a few months late but if I may ask what was the cost of doing this? I’m keen to do something like this to my 2014 Kuga titanium, unfortunately we only got the touch screen on the 2015

I have ordered the Sync 3 hardware for me to do this myself, however I think I'll be getting the services of an auto electrician to do the wiring parts for me as I don't want to mess anything up! I assume all my heated seats and ambient lights (multi colour versions) etc will remain working?

On 5/3/2020 at 12:00 AM, Dylan Steele said:

Hi, I know I’m a few months late but if I may ask what was the cost of doing this? I’m keen to do something like this to my 2014 Kuga titanium, unfortunately we only got the touch screen on the 2015

Hi,it costs me almost 550€ (320€ apim+screen and 230€ the rest).

I still have some components(fascia,gps antenna,wires) if interested pm me please

and feel welcome for any question.

Hi I'm not thinking of bothering upgrading (got Sync 1.1 with 5" non-touchscreen and happy with it), but why is it necessary to replace the USB / line in sockets in the armrest with a USB on its own in this process?  Is it a better kind of USB socket?

47 minutes ago, TimJ said:

Hi I'm not thinking of bothering upgrading (got Sync 1.1 with 5" non-touchscreen and happy with it), but why is it necessary to replace the USB / line in sockets in the armrest with a USB on its own in this process?  Is it a better kind of USB socket?

The new USB allows the Sync 3 system to connect to the phone in order to use Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

• 2 months later...

Hi, did you any one updated to this US fascia? Do you know how to rewire the top connector? I found something, but he mentioned ther “pin 6 for the button”, but I have there just 5 pins. Thank xou for the help!

293FDBCA-1FE5-4BC0-80F0-72DCA40C2384.jpeg

841ABA1A-DFD4-4F4D-AED7-8EEEA797BF6F.jpeg

9635426E-6A97-45AF-8452-8E92E98E15FE.png

Has anyone bought the 4" To 8" PNP Conversion Power Harness that are from China? 

On 8/1/2020 at 4:17 PM, DaSingh said:

Has anyone bought the 4" To 8" PNP Conversion Power Harness that are from China? 

I did enquire about this a while back and they said the harnesses are for cars with auto climate, but if you wanted one with manual climate they would have to modify the harness which obviously cost more.

43 minutes ago, Typhoonf2 said:

I did enquire about this a while back and they said the harnesses are for cars with auto climate, but if you wanted one with manual climate they would have to modify the harness which obviously cost more.

I have auto climate, mines a MY13 Titanium with city pack. Iv been quoted around £65ish from a auto spark but think if I just get the harness after conversion it works out about the same money and it's a simple swap back without messing with the cables.

3 hours ago, Mollymoodoo said:

Could you use this or are they specific to USA models;

https://naviupgrade.com/product/ford-focus-4-to-sync-3-upgrade-wiring-harness/

Won't be spending that much, they selling for $100 odd on alibaba and aliexpress but probably a 2week wait. 

I wish I book marked it now but seems that price changed from dollars to pounds and its £90 odd here's another I found https://h5.aliexpress.com/item/4001020283232.html?spm=a2g0n.seo-amp-detail.moreToLove.4001020283232

I am going to order this purely because I don't fancy splicing the cables and it will be easier to swap back if I sell the car. 

Also bought reverse camera from amazon with boot handle and looks like a direct replacement. 

Looks harder than I thought to order all the stock doesn't seem to ship to UK 

NOTE: This item is not available, because the seller doesn't provide delivery to the shipping address you selected.

Try changing the region to United Kingdom.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club