Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To: Focus MK3 SYNC 3 upgrade for Bluetooth Voice Control (BVC) cars from 2011, 2012 and 2013

JPW

On 3/30/2021 at 8:01 PM, kevgals said:

All done

20210330_191808.thumb.jpg.bf08f1b584dec5c3804770bb5f4b8a73.jpg

20210330_191839.thumb.jpg.9034c53ad94c9b02678f8f133defd9e1.jpg

20210330_192717.thumb.jpg.7b431a07da1e9c47d417baac397b6ae5.jpg

20210330_131549.thumb.jpg.339d70f05c6c5c3978898d01fe0e5d66.jpg

Camera from Amazon

Massive thanks to @JPW couldn't have done it without his help.

Do you have a link to this particular camera? 

This is different from all the ones I tested on my focus. The angle looks good. Currently got a wedge type camera installed which is very good but wanted something close to OEM as possible. 

11 minutes ago, kevgals said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08TTHBDZX?psc=1

This is the one i've got but at the time i bought it, it was £18.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have a 2011 focus with front and rear parking sensors with sapp. The display worked before I upgraded to sync 2. I have checked that it is activated on the bcm and ipc. Now I only have sound and no display - can anybody help please?

Rgds-Rob

2 hours ago, kevgals said:

Probably PDC architecture. Try APIM as built 7D02-02-xxxx-Xxxx

Set mine to 2 and got the display back

Hi thanks for the reply.

Was that with forscan or focccus

9 hours ago, kevgals said:

FORScan

👍. Do you have sync2 now?

Can you remember where you made the connections for the usb/sd module? Sorry for being a pita

Rgds-Rob

21 hours ago, kevgals said:

Hi it does come up just not straight away, I've finished reversing by the time it appears on the screen. Can you help anymore plz?

21 hours ago, kevgals said:

Hi it does come up just not straight away, I've finished reversing by the time it appears on the screen. Can you help anymore plz?

12 hours ago, robbo67 said:

Can you remember where you made the connections for the usb/sd module? Sorry for being a pita

Mine's sync 3 so would be different. There's a few threads about on sync 2 conversion. I would think you would find the answer there.

1 hour ago, robbo67 said:

Mine's instant, again maybe look in the sync 2 conversion threads. Theres a really good thread on the UK Kuga owners club.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I've done this conversion

Everything except part of the sapp is working. When I push the button to activate sapp I get the image "searching for parking space. Then I get a green tick to tell me its found a space. then thats it no message to tell me to STOP or which gear to select. I'm sure it must be to do with coding. Can anyone of you clever people on here help please? TIA-Rob

3 hours ago, robbo67 said:

Hi all. I've done this conversion

Everything except part of the sapp is working. When I push the button to activate sapp I get the image "searching for parking space. Then I get a green tick to tell me its found a space. then thats it no message to tell me to STOP or which gear to select. I'm sure it must be to do with coding. Can anyone of you clever people on here help please? TIA-Rob

maybe enable park assist on the APIM and i'm fairly certain you need to update your PAM to a FL version

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys hoping to find an answer and hoping that this thread will be acceptable. When looking for a doner car i cant find one that has all my factory options such as keyless entry, sapp and sync, will one without these be okay and will i be able to programme them back in after or will i just have to keep looking, thanks.

It should be fine, it's more important to get the basic functions matching, like engine size, petrol, manual gearbox, climate etc. Anything else can be switched on/off after...

1 hour ago, JPW said:

It should be fine, it's more important to get the basic functions matching, like engine size, petrol, manual gearbox, climate etc. Anything else can be switched on/off after...

much appreciated, just didnt want to be messing around with keyless entry thats all, but if it can be turned back on then all will be okay, thankyou

If you make a backup of your current APIM settings (definitely do this anyway), then we can compare the two files so we know what to change after 👍

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2019 at 1:06 AM, JPW said:

do

Hi all, forscan will not pick up the apim module, so at a loss now, can anyone help, see pic attached 

On 3/10/2021 at 8:18 PM, Thatredfocus said:

Bluetooth voice control! 

Did you have problem finding apim on forscan?

Has it shown up previously or is this the first time? If it doesn't show up it's usually a CAN bus issues i.e the wiring for the HS-CAN or MS-CAN...

Hshhsjsisisiosos

On 3/14/2021 at 12:46 PM, JPW said:

You need to turn it off in both the screen and the APIM settings so that it doesn't think the car is equipped 🙂

How do you turn it off in the apim please, its driving me nuts, last think to do🤣