Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To: Focus MK3 SYNC 3 upgrade for Bluetooth Voice Control (BVC) cars from 2011, 2012 and 2013

JPW

3 hours ago, shiwarrior said:

Covid has made me not buy my Focus yet due to the price increase, but if i bought an early mk3, this is defiantly something i would do !

Great post, and thank you so much for writing it all down all the bits we need etc, great for the ford focus owners! 🙂

i saw this video only yesterday (although its the Ford Focus SE "USA")

its good to see it in a video, looks so simple (its probably roughly the same) so gives you a good idea)

naviupgrade is trash in my opinion
the guy never messages back, he provides the incorrect harness, he doesn't even properly program it. he doesn't even touch BCM.

The as-built files he provides are incorrect too, they're for USA so you gotta fix it. even if he provides you european files.

I had a guy who bought one for bluetooth sync3, i had to fix it.
he provided a female plug for sync1 not bluetooth, i had to adjust it. he didn't even have the pins for MS-CAN anywhere. I had to go tap from the OBD2 for him.

he overcharges and doesn't even provide correct information.

oh i thought he was in the usa

just using a left handed focus import then ?

i wasn't saying id use him, just you can see more from a video prospective than pictures

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up creating a bluetooth to sync3 adapter loom using the wiring diagram, it fully works and no problems.
no need to cut, splice or repin anything.

image0.jpg

All i need to do is get the usb hub adapter connector, but other than that it is finished.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shiwarrior said:

nice ! 🙂

i like the idea of no splicing/cutting

and you can always go back to stock too

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 4:14 PM, Rowan112 said:

I ended up creating a bluetooth to sync3 adapter loom using the wiring diagram, it fully works and no problems.
no need to cut, splice or repin anything.

image0.jpg

All i need to do is get the usb hub adapter connector, but other than that it is finished.

having one of theese would make it much eaiser , how much did that cost to make and would you sell any

8 hours ago, dans34 said:

having one of theese would make it much eaiser , how much did that cost to make and would you sell any

yeah i sell these, give us a pm bud

On 9/15/2021 at 3:18 AM, Rowan112 said:

yeah i sell these, give us a pm bud

Hi, how much are you looking for those wires? Thank you!

Has anybody upgraded to Sync 2/3 without having an arm rest with the usb hub in it?

Toying with the idea of upgrading my partners car but she doesn't have the arm rest in hers. So I am not sure if the hub fits what she currently has.

2 hours ago, jlawes20389 said:

Has anybody upgraded to Sync 2/3 without having an arm rest with the usb hub in it?

Toying with the idea of upgrading my partners car but she doesn't have the arm rest in hers. So I am not sure if the hub fits what she currently has.

Just put it in the glove compartment or upgrade the center console too

3 hours ago, Ondrej said:

Hi, how much are you looking for those wires? Thank you!

Pm me bud

Yeah, you don't need to bother with the centre console part if you don't want to.

To be honest, it gives me an excuse to fit that too.... Haha.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/9/2021 at 16:22, JPW said:

Sì, non devi preoccuparti della parte della console centrale se non vuoi.

hello I wanted to ask if the apim 5u5t-14g371-gmd is compatible with the GM5T-18B955-SB displays ????  THANK YOU

5 hours ago, Eri789 said:

hello I wanted to ask if the apim 5u5t-14g371-gmd is compatible with the GM5T-18B955-SB displays ????  THANK YOU

are you asking if the mk4 apims are compatible with the mk3.5 screens? I don't see why not

i read somewhere that they gave problems sometimes (like black screen).  then the apim dell mk4 has more functionality than the one before the wifi

3 hours ago, Rowan112 said:

stai chiedendo se gli apim mk4 sono compatibili con gli schermi mk3.5? Non vedo perché no

i read somewhere that they gave problems sometimes (like black screen).  then the apim dell mk4 has more functionality than the one before the wifi

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/3/2021 at 19:30, JPW said:

Sì, il pannello, la staffa e la radio sono gli stessi per SYNC 2 e 3. Quindi andranno bene, devi solo procurarti un SYNC 3 APIM/schermo.

hello james i disturb you a bit with my questions.  I have an acm unit with the code BM5T-18C815-GF can you tell me if it is compatible with this project.  Thank youScreenshot_20211024-125205_Chrome.thumb.jpg.58c4ca651187a7832e4a05bda53398fa.jpgScreenshot_20211024-125205_Chrome.thumb.jpg.58c4ca651187a7832e4a05bda53398fa.jpgScreenshot_20211024-125239_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e52ae29ea881365336b8ac4e53adc546.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hallo, and greetings from Israel!!!

Your guide is very informative but unfortunately it is not completely applicable to my needs. Thanks to your guide I actually figured out that my car doesn't have SYNC but rather the BVC system.

Recently I have purchased a tesla style screen and have installed it successfully but stumbled upon one very annoying problem. The only thing that doesn't work is the voice control button and I think also my car's original mic is not working, because when I talk on my phone using bluetooth connection, the other side can hardly hear me, somthing that hasn't happened while using car's original system. 

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks ahead!!!

On 12/8/2021 at 6:00 PM, Genady said:

Hallo, and greetings from Israel!!!

Your guide is very informative but unfortunately it is not completely applicable to my needs. Thanks to your guide I actually figured out that my car doesn't have SYNC but rather the BVC system.

Recently I have purchased a tesla style screen and have installed it successfully but stumbled upon one very annoying problem. The only thing that doesn't work is the voice control button and I think also my car's original mic is not working, because when I talk on my phone using Bluetooth connection, the other side can hardly hear me, somthing that hasn't happened while using car's original system. 

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks ahead!!!

That's because aftermarket stereos does not work with the oem microphone, only instance I've seen it working is when the android unit is communicating with the sync 1 module and is only used in calls. You'll need to get an aftermarket microphone. 

You'll need to change some settings on your stereo to get the assistant button to work. Idk what stereo you got and this is for sync3. If you need assistance with your stereo, you should contact the makers. 

I got it working on someone else's car the button but you have to go into the factory settings of the stereo to get it working. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/3/2021 at 19:30, JPW said:

Sì, il pannello, la staffa e la radio sono gli stessi per SYNC 2 e 3. Quindi andranno bene, devi solo procurarti un SYNC 3 APIM/schermo.

good evening JAMES I finally upgraded to sync 3, but I find myself with the fcim not working and the bvc button not working.  the rest is ok but I cannot make phone calls via bluetooth (no audio) the touch of the display is ok.  it is the only input that works ok but I find myself without the ability to do anything with the physical buttons.  if you can help me i would be grateful.  THANK YOU

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I do the upgrade from bvc to sync 2 , all working fine, only the bluetooth doesn't work I have no sound in Speakers. Can someone please help me. Thanks in advance

16 hours ago, Sorinstefan said:

Hello. I do the upgrade from bvc to sync 2 , all working fine, only the Bluetooth doesn't work I have no sound in speakers. Can someone please help me. Thanks in advance

you didn't program your bcm properly as it was said in the programming section

Thanks Rowan I will try make the programming again

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, James, do you by chance know which one of the APIM pins should be linked to the CAN+ and CAN- wires of an Android navigation? I just bought one off Aliexpress and it didn't come with a CAN BUS, but in the instructions I see I need to connect 2 of its wires to the CAN+ and CAN- of the APIM connector, I guess. Thanks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club