Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To: Focus MK3 SYNC 3 upgrade for Bluetooth Voice Control (BVC) cars from 2011, 2012 and 2013

JPW

3 hours ago, shiwarrior said:

Covid has made me not buy my Focus yet due to the price increase, but if i bought an early mk3, this is defiantly something i would do !

Great post, and thank you so much for writing it all down all the bits we need etc, great for the ford focus owners! 🙂

i saw this video only yesterday (although its the Ford Focus SE "USA")

its good to see it in a video, looks so simple (its probably roughly the same) so gives you a good idea)

naviupgrade is trash in my opinion
the guy never messages back, he provides the incorrect harness, he doesn't even properly program it. he doesn't even touch BCM.

The as-built files he provides are incorrect too, they're for USA so you gotta fix it. even if he provides you european files.

I had a guy who bought one for bluetooth sync3, i had to fix it.
he provided a female plug for sync1 not bluetooth, i had to adjust it. he didn't even have the pins for MS-CAN anywhere. I had to go tap from the OBD2 for him.

he overcharges and doesn't even provide correct information.

oh i thought he was in the usa

just using a left handed focus import then ?

i wasn't saying id use him, just you can see more from a video prospective than pictures

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up creating a bluetooth to sync3 adapter loom using the wiring diagram, it fully works and no problems.
no need to cut, splice or repin anything.

image0.jpg

All i need to do is get the usb hub adapter connector, but other than that it is finished.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 4:14 PM, Rowan112 said:

I ended up creating a bluetooth to sync3 adapter loom using the wiring diagram, it fully works and no problems.
no need to cut, splice or repin anything.

image0.jpg

All i need to do is get the usb hub adapter connector, but other than that it is finished.

having one of theese would make it much eaiser , how much did that cost to make and would you sell any

8 hours ago, dans34 said:

having one of theese would make it much eaiser , how much did that cost to make and would you sell any

yeah i sell these, give us a pm bud

Has anybody upgraded to Sync 2/3 without having an arm rest with the usb hub in it?

Toying with the idea of upgrading my partners car but she doesn't have the arm rest in hers. So I am not sure if the hub fits what she currently has.

2 hours ago, jlawes20389 said:

Has anybody upgraded to Sync 2/3 without having an arm rest with the usb hub in it?

Toying with the idea of upgrading my partners car but she doesn't have the arm rest in hers. So I am not sure if the hub fits what she currently has.

Just put it in the glove compartment or upgrade the center console too