Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Custom fuse boxes

awol123

Really hoping someone can help me here because I’m either being a complete tool or the manual for my new custom is wrong. 
I’m fitting a dash cam to my 69 plate Transit Custom (DCiV), 2.0 eco blue, the wiring kit uses a positive which piggy backs off any fuse switched by the ignition. Cigar lighter socket fits the bill but I cannot locate the fuse for it!

I’ve attached a photo of the fuse box under the steering wheel / in the drivers footwell and the one shown in them manual, as you can see they are totally different. 
this video on YouTube for a custom which must be a bit older has the exact fuse box as shown in the manual. 

Any ideas on how I can identify which fuse protects the cigar lighter socket?

89970349-CC1E-453A-8FE8-665221FDC7FB.jpeg

AA8489C2-4B84-45B6-B0E9-5A7C6A118921.jpeg

If you Google ford owners manual , there are online manuals for your vehicle. Even the very new customs still have the older manuals in. 

So to answer your question. Either fuse 23,24 or 63

Screenshot_20191211-214254.png

Screenshot_20191211-214319.png

• 1 year later...

I have a 68 reg ford transit custom limited works van, & have brought the nextbase hardwire kit. Having removed the plastic trim cover underneath the steering wheel aswell as the side plastic cover where the drinks holder is there is 2 sets of fuse boxes, cant see these in any online manuals for the life of me!? I Want to tap into a fuse that shows 0.0 voltage when the ignition is switched off. At mo i have tapped into a 5amp fuse which i believe is ignition switch... To the lowet left side of the steering wheel area on the lowet section of fuses, but when the ignition is off the dashcam continues to record for a few minutes (usually turns off after 30 seconds if unplugged from 12v socket) was looking into finding the wiper fuse as when the ignition is off the wipers dont operate which I assume if the dashcam was tapped into here then once the ignition is off the dashcam would stop recording too

11 minutes ago, TonyL2584 said:

I have a 68 reg ford transit custom limited works van, & have brought the nextbase hardwire kit. Having removed the plastic trim cover underneath the steering wheel aswell as the side plastic cover where the drinks holder is there is 2 sets of fuse boxes, cant see these in any online manuals for the life of me!? I Want to tap into a fuse that shows 0.0 voltage when the ignition is switched off. At mo i have tapped into a 5amp fuse which i believe is ignition switch... To the lowet left side of the steering wheel area on the lowet section of fuses, but when the ignition is off the dashcam continues to record for a few minutes (usually turns off after 30 seconds if unplugged from 12v socket) was looking into finding the wiper fuse as when the ignition is off the wipers dont operate which I assume if the dashcam was tapped into here then once the ignition is off the dashcam would stop recording too

Online manual shows these fuse boxes. Look like yours? 

Screenshot_20210511-190048.png

Screenshot_20210511-190101.png

Hi, 

No these look nothing like mine at all. In my custom limited van i was presented with a transit custom toureno manual 🤔 cant seem to find an online manual anywhere... 

See pictures - i cant see this fuse box layout in my manual or what it is called (pre fuse box or bcm?) This is where i have tapped into at the moment but as mentioned the camera continues to record once the van has been switched off which i dont want to happen. I Would like to tap into somewhere else that will make the dashcam turn off when van is switched off too

Screenshot_20210511_200110_com.whatsapp.jpg

Screenshot_20210511_200106_com.whatsapp.jpg

Thanks for the link, i have checked but no joy 😐🤔

I did a van reg hpi check & it comes up with this:

Ford Transit Custom 280 Limited
Colour: Black
Year: 2018

Is yours a 2.0 or 2.2. think this fusebox is what you have and that's a 2.0 .

Screenshot_20210511-213147.png

If that's your fusebox, try fuse 45 if you can get piggy back in. 

Thanks for the picture will check in a little while, is the picture for the fuse box to the left hand side where i have already piggy backed into a used fuse slot? Not sure what way round the picture should be rotated for me to tell if it is my fuse box type, also what is the fuse 45 rating & what's its purpose? Also is it a fuse that is inactive when the ignition is off? 

Cheers 

This does look similar to mine having relayed the picture back to the original i posted. Is f45 an 20amp yellow fuse on the higher row with the line of many micro type 2 fuses?? 

Screenshot_20210512_063903.jpg

Does it matter what way around the piggy blade fuse tap is inserted into the fuse location ie left or right hand inserted? With the larger fuses i can see it may be harder to push the fuse tap fully in as the outer plastic body of the fuse tap will be up against the larger fuses if inserted one way if that makes any sense to you lol

These are the manuals i was left with in the glove box but obviously not for the limited as the fuse specs etc is all wrong... Why cant the dealers put in the proper manuals for their vans 😏

16208009560486613747031725848349.jpg

Thanks to @iantt for helping me out with the dashcam hardwire piggyback location that turns the dashcam off once the ignition is off. Fuse 45 yellow - 20amp micro2 fuse it is. 

IMG_20210514_155225.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi I have a 2019 custom and just fitted my dash cam. However I plugged it into the 12v  supply but does it actually power off after locking the van? 

• 1 year later...

I'm having a similar problem, the owners manual doesn't match the fuse box. Does anyone know which fuse the rear cargo area lights are on? 

Edited by Sion James
Typo

Try fuse 32 auxillary junction box. To the left of the steering column

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Try fuse 32 auxillary junction box. To the left of the steering column

Which is fuse 32? 

IMG_20210514_155225.jpg.18520d29aae39c5cde3d2d7febba32e8.jpg

Is that the same layout of aux fuse box as yours? 

Is that a photo of the 'passenger compartment' fuse box ? If so I don't think it will be fuse F32 (60 Amp) in that one.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?variantid=4300&languageCode=en&countryCode=USA&Uid=G1824094&ProcUid=G1824095&userMarket=GBR&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False&buildtype=web

No mention of a fuse in any fuse box for the cargo bay lights. Are these not directly controlled (and protected) by the actual Body Control Module (BCM) ?

fuse box.JPG

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, unofix said:

Is that a photo of the 'passenger compartment' fuse box ? If so I don't think it will be fuse F32 (60 Amp) in that one.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?variantid=4300&languageCode=en&countryCode=USA&Uid=G1824094&ProcUid=G1824095&userMarket=GBR&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False&buildtype=web

No mention of a fuse in any fuse box for the cargo bay lights. Are these not directly controlled (and protected) by the actual Body Control Module (BCM) ?

fuse box.JPG

Yep, that why I was asking to confirm the fuse box as I was about to say if that's the fuse box then ignore fuseb32 as that's for earlier custom. Never quite know when early custom went to later custom.that went to 2.0 custom. 

And if that was the fuse box then indeed the feed to cargo lamps are controlled by the bcm. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi all, 

Looking for assistance. I have a 2019 custom with the below fuse box. 

I am trying to wire in an auto vox V5 Pro rear view mirror and reverse camera. The kits has a switched ACC piggy back 5A fuse and a battery constant 5A piggy back fuse wire. I've used a multi meter and confirmed that the 5A fuses in top right of the pic (USB fuses) are switched but Im unsure where to connect the constant piggy back fuse? 

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Transit custom 2019 fuse box.jpeg

2 hours ago, DDT81 said:

I've used a multi meter and confirmed that the 5A fuses in top right of the pic (USB fuses) are switched but Im unsure where to connect the constant piggy back fuse?

You can plug your 5 Amp piggy back fuse in to any fuse holder regardless of the size of the fuse that is in the slot. Try the other fuses in that section to see if any are constant live. If not you are going to have to get a different size piggy back holder and use one of the fuses over on the left side of the photo posted.

Capture.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club