Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What ONE single feature in your car do you love?

StephenFord

This morning, pouring with rain, I reversed out of a parking space, and my rear wiper started to wipe automatically - that one feature makes me smile every time it is activated! I've never had a car with it, and my LX has absolutely no other noteworthy features at all.

So, is there a single feature on your car that you just love?

MK4 Mondeo I love the built in shower from the boot, brilliant work ford as always.  Free shower everytime it rains, saves on the water bill 👍😝

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Don't all modern cars have automatic rear wipe?  :unsure:  It was notorious for failing on the 306s when the reverse wire snapped...no CANBUS back then lol.  I only had one or two where it still worked after 10 years!

For me it has to be auto wipers...I know most of you hate them lol.  In the Golf specifically I'd have to say it's the large audio touchscreen with DAB & SD input...  Mk2 Focus audio unit was poor in comparison, and the Mk3 had far too many buttons and unintuitive processes.

Oh...and the optical parking sensors... :biggrin: 

The 8th gear ratio.  Nice and long, especially for a petrol.  1700rpm at 70mph.

Just now, James said:

The adaptive cruise control is good also.

Hey, that's 2! Stop cheating LOL 🤣

• Haha 1

front and rear parking sensors with reverse camera. 

thats 4 now. lol

and what do I hate?   windscreen washer that makes the wipers move. so you are driving along and screen has spots of dirt/road salt etc on, press washer. washer not work as frozen or empty, but wipers then smear the dirt spots so I can see nothing. If deactivating that was as simple as cutting one wire, I would do it. I don't want my wipers to move when I press the washer. I would rather use the wiper switch myself after I am sure washer water not frozen. I really hate this and have done for years since cars starting including this which no doubt someone thought was a good idea, it is useful most of the year.

• Like 4

If we're talking cars in general, not a specific one, I would go for air con. No more draughts from open windows or leaky sunroofs, or misting up when it rains 

2 minutes ago, isetta said:

and what do I hate?   windscreen washer that makes the wipers move. so you are driving along and screen has spots of dirt/road salt etc on, press washer. washer not work as frozen or empty, but wipers then smear the dirt spots so I can see nothing. If deactivating that was as simple as cutting one wire, I would do it. I don't want my wipers to move when I press the washer. I would rather use the wiper switch myself after I am sure washer water not frozen. I really hate this and have done for years since cars starting including this which no doubt someone thought was a good idea, it is useful most of the year.

Lol

Sync3. It's a very well thought out system. And with the new (icon based) version of Android Auto, it does everything I need.

• Like 1

Very hard to choose as it's the highest spec car I've owned. Love so much about it from the heated front screen/mirrors to auto lights to climate control to cruise control (great through roadworks with average speed cameras) to the heated seats, but the winner would have to be the Front & Rear parking sensors. 

To be honest I would miss any of these features if my next car were to be without them.

• Like 1

Heated front screen, ***** useful in the Highlands where temps tend to be south of 0 in autumn/winter. ***** missed it when I had give up my old Mondeo.

3 hours ago, iantt said:

front and rear parking sensors with reverse camera. 

thats 4 now. lol

Hate those, I seem to have lost the ability to park if I use them I stick to the mirrors now.

10 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

Oh and having two reversing lights.

What, don't they all have 2 x reversing lights?? LOL

472995676_reverselightonoffnonumber.thumb.jpg.37f2136f192ff4ea24a9058def0b5f71.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i love the heated seats i installed also heated front screen and the nut behind the wheel lol

27 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

What, don't they all have 2 x reversing lights?? LOL

472995676_reverselightonoffnonumber.thumb.jpg.37f2136f192ff4ea24a9058def0b5f71.jpg

Factory fitted😁 its so dark down my lane no  street lights so it's important, I don't get a car unless it had them.

you get accustomed to all this stuff and then when you go to a greek island and hire a 10 year old fiat panda for under a hundred quid for a week you find out that you have to use the handbrake lever for a hill start, use your eyes to park, turn a key in a door lock and ignition lock.  but you do normally get aircon.

but seriously though I don't want to get reliant on stuff that relieves me of using parking skills and hill start skills 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club