Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What ONE single feature in your car do you love?

StephenFord

20 hours ago, Gaskell71 said:

MK4 Mondeo I love the built in shower from the boot, brilliant work ford as always.  Free shower everytime it rains, saves on the water bill 👍😝

My focus gives both the free shower experience and the free bath in the spare wheel well after every rain shower, two for the price of one!

Heated front windscreen is the one I would vote for and would really miss.  Everything else I think I could live without, but thats a lot to do with them not being fitted on my 12 year old Mk2 so I haven't got used to them,  I have hired lots of cars with all the bells and whistles but never had them long enough to get used to it or even how to use half of them.

• Like 1

When i turn the key, it starts, except for one day last week,  when it didn't. 

• Haha 2

Yes, definitely agree with the heated front screen, ever since we had our Focus Mk1.5

The adaptive cruise control. A bless for fraffic jams. (with AT)

Its Gotta be the Front screen, my 3.5 has most of the bells and whistles on it and my mk4 has a few of the missing parts thats not on the mk 3.5 but sadly it also lacks much of the fancy stuff on the mk3 like auto wipers, the only thing id mod to the mk3 is the Sync 3, I did look in to modding the TSR in to the mk3 but the cost is insane and not worth it. 

But when you boil it right down, I can do without TSR, I can do without Sync 3, auto wipers, auto headlights etc and pretty much everything else that either of the cars has over the other one but the one thing that drives me nuts when using non ford hire cars is that front window. In the winter, its truly a god send. Best feature ever.

I want to mention another one please...

..... Rear Cross Traffic Alert.

This a fantastic driver aid. When parked in a supermarket with SUVs either side, it's impossible to reverse out safely, as you just can't see anything. The RCTA system has made this task a lot easier and safer.

Just now, ShamusUK said:

I want to mention another one please...

..... Rear Cross Traffic Alert.

This a fantastic driver aid. When parked in a supermarket with SUVs either side, it's impossible to reverse out safely, as you just can't see anything. The RCTA system has made this task a lot easier and safer.

Helps "Reverse out safely"?

I have a solution for that problem that costs nothing at all, learn to park properly 😉

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Dee_82 said:

Helps "Reverse out safely"?

I have a solution for that problem that costs nothing at all, learn to park properly 😉

Very True 😀

I should reverse park into bays. Easier to drive out. I think i've started to do things just so I can use the technology in the car We do like to get our money's worth in Yorkshire. 😁

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ShamusUK said:

Very True 😀

I should reverse park into bays. Easier to drive out. I think i've started to do things just so I can use the technology in the car We do like to get our money's worth in Yorkshire. 😁

haha, I know what you mean, mk 3.5 has that auto park thing on it, I used it a couple of times but to be honest I cant bring myself to use it, makes me too nervous! but I admit, the few times I tried it, it was flawless

On 12/12/2019 at 12:16 PM, StephenFord said:

This morning, pouring with rain, I reversed out of a parking space, and my rear wiper started to wipe automatically - that one feature makes me smile every time it is activated! I've never had a car with it, and my LX has absolutely no other noteworthy features at all.

So, is there a single feature on your car that you just love?

The Brakes.  Wouldn't be without them!  😄 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dee_82 said:

haha, I know what you mean, mk 3.5 has that auto park thing on it, I used it a couple of times but to be honest I cant bring myself to use it, makes me too nervous! but I admit, the few times I tried it, it was flawless

Yes, auto-park is very impressive. I use it as often as I remember that i've got it.

However, i think it chooses some very sharp turn-in angles just to scare the hell out of you 😀

I don't think i'd be brave enough to use the Mk4 version, which apparently does the braking for you as well??

• Like 1

My MK4 doesn't have that feature, its a company car and its a little lacking on the frills! I much prefer my mk3.5 but its saving me miles on my own car so, happy days!

I always prefer to reverse in and drive out but don't always manage it.  The rear camera wide angle function helps a bit when pulling out.l especially now every ***** car is an SUV.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club