Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water in spark plug bay - 08 fusion plus auto

Hardcore79

I've a 08 fusion plus auto and just got car back from a mot after a week of every day use suddenly when car was hot(fan kicks in)temp gauge sits in middle of dial as soon as I stop bang straight to top, as soon as car is in drive and moving middle again(checked coolant tank for leaks and made sure there wasnt a air lock in the system)

Someone suggested I change water tank cap so I did changed cap on tank and no more over heating,

Now when car gets hot it shudders for a few seconds then stalls on restart cylinder 1 misfire code is on and flashing.

Went to change plugs!!!

on looking in spark plug bay I noticed the leads were all wet, on looking in holes all 4 plugs were under water.

I cleaned and dried the bay changed the spark plugs but not ht leads(on order)put everything back together and started no problem after about 15 miles the car began to misfire again,

looked in bay again full of water again spent ages at the road side trying to remove water finally empty(dry from engine heat)put it back together started and no misfire went straight home as I got home misfire started again on inspection spark plugs covered by water again. (cant find anything leaking all levels are the same).

Dried put together started no issues few mins again misfiring again full of water.

This has me stumped.

(googled fault and noticed a focus issue with washer jets I've changed seals and also emptied the washer bottle but still filling with water but no clue from where)

Can anyone shed some light or suggest anything I've not done 

Any help will be greatly appreciated 

Thanks in advance 

Mark

Could it be leaking core plugs, are you seeing a drop in the level of the coolant in the expansion tank.