Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2008

Stretch79

Hi guys, 

Wondered if anyone else has encountered these problems?

Have a 2008 Focus 1600 and recently it has been struggling to start, turn the ignition on and the interior light dull down and car starts but it seems to be a struggle. Also Mrs has mentioned that she fills it up by say £20 then the next day the milometer is reading like 18 miles left which she feels is strange.

Anyone encountered this issue that can maybe shed some light?

Thank you in advance 

How old is the battery? The most obvious answer is that it's failing. The low temperatures at this time of year are what usually finishises off batteries that are starting to show their age. There are other issues that might drain it, such as the dash display staying alive too long after the engine is stopped, or not doing long enough journeys to put back the charge used for starting.

You could try putting it on charge for a few hours to see if that makes any difference.

• Like 1

Had to change the battery in my 2008 a few months back it had similar problems. My lo-tec method of test was to turn on full headlights and keep window up button held up, the extra power needed to power the window motor made the lights flicker. New battery sorted the problem. Sounds a bit daft but it works 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club