Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 & Map updates

Sharon B

Can anyone help. I have updated my Sync 3 via usb and entered the log file on the Ford website.

Once uploaded it says update complete and it may take a few minutes to appear, however after days it has still not linked the log key to the vin number.  I am unable to access the map updates because it says I need to update Sync 3 first but this has already been done numerous times I don’t know how to get the maps.

Is anyone else having this issue and how can I get round it. 

I had a similar problem, took a long time for it to register on the website did go thought eventally, but don't worry as there are no map updates available yet.

Thank you. However my car had never been updated. The Sync 3 is done and has been checked by a Ford technician so is definitely up to date. Have been trying to get it to link the log file to vin for over two months now with no luck.  I have even tried uploading Sync 3 and reinstalling to see if that works, but again on luck. Getting really frustrated now. 

You might try connecting the car to your home wifi and then try an update that way. That should spot that your system is up to date and I'm sure I've seen on here that it will update the database. As has been said previously though, there are no map updates available yet anyway. Theres some incompatibility with the sync hardware and the current map update system which Ford are expecting will be resolved early next year.

2 hours ago, gillyallan said:

What is your map version?

I currently have F7 installed.

• Like 1

You should be able to get F8 maps if vehicle is as shown in your profile . Ford update issue should only be affecting vehicles manufactured late2018 to early 2019. Obviously you wont be offered map update until Sync3 software shows up to date

You could try asking Ford customer services to assist ,email UKCRC1@Ford.com

Thank you for your help.  I have already emailed Ford and also been to my local dealer but no one seems to be able to help.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club