Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 crash - is this repairable

Owenc

Yes, most insurers now offer "new for old" replacement if the car is less than 12 months old, normally with the proviso that you've owned it from new. Some insurers offer this up to 24 months old. 
That's good to know, it didn't used to be the case. I lost out on a 4month old car that got stolen and only got market value for it and not what the finance outstanding was, there was no option to have the car replaced, it was an instant pay out.

What is the point of GAP insurance now then ,[emoji2371]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

What is the point of GAP insurance now then ,emoji2371.png

You might still want to cover a longer period - to avoid negative equity on a finance plan, for instance. And if you buy a nearly new but pre-reg car you won't be the first registered keeper so your normal insurance may not cover you, as mentioned in earlier post. All stuff to be considered carefully when buying a new/nearly new car and shopping for insurance.

• Like 1

Thanks chaps, learnt something new [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know what a realistic time for a front wing is? My car has been in getting fixed for six weeks.

The garage keeps telling me that the front wing is all they need and that they don’t know when the front wing will arrive, that it has to come from Europe? 

Surely this is excessive? Or does it take long to make a front wing? 

I would’ve thought it would take no longer than a week or two? 

Just now, Owenc said:

Does anyone know what a realistic time for a front wing is? My car has been in getting fixed for six weeks.

The garage keeps telling me that they don’t know when the front wing will arrive that it has to come from Europe? 

Surely this is excessive? Or does it take long to make ones 

The wing will be made by the factory in Germany and then shipped over.

The wait is because all the wings made at the factory are given to the assembly line as a priority, so there is a waiting list, for extra ones as they get time in production.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

The wing will be made by the factory in Germany and then shipped over.

The wait is because all the wings made at the factory are given to the assembly line as a priority, so there is a waiting list, for extra ones as they get time in production.

So how long should it take? I didn’t know it would take so long!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the lead time on a front wing? I have been waiting over two weeks.