Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo sound

F0CUE
聽Share

Had my Mot Yesterday and realised when I went to go out to the shops last night there is no sound. The stereo still beeps with functions through the Speakers but nothing else works. I have checked the harness connections they are all good. I found if the radio is on I can gain a very small sound when over level 40. It's a Sony stereo and has worked fine never had any issues. Do they think they have messed up something during a battery test?

Nobody have any ideas? I'm going to do an ECU reset on lunch break see if it does anything. Having to use a bluetooth speaker and phone ATM 馃槶 .

There's no battery test during MOT.

Tbh I can't think of anything during MOT that could cause an issue like this!聽 I'd suggest pulling both radio fuses to reset the HU.

33 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

There's no battery test during MOT.

Tbh I can't think of anything during MOT that could cause an issue like this!聽 I'd suggest pulling both radio fuses to reset the HU.

Thanks m8 they do a free battery health check as part of the MOT test. Which fuses is it? I have looked at the new fusebox post but don't see which ones I need to do.

1 minute ago, F0CUE said:

Thanks m8 they do a free battery health check as part of the MOT test. Which fuses is it? I have looked at the new fusebox post but don't see which ones I need to do.

Ah, fair enough then, that could explain it!

I can't remember the fuses I'm afraid but I found them in the handbook when it happened to mine about 3 years ago.聽

Thanks I have the basic handbook in the glove box will give it a gander 馃槂

• Like 1

Ok I disconnected the negative battery terminal for 5 mins or so and got back in the car and now the sound is back lol

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club