Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thatcham Alarm Upgrade

Maffoo

I got the call that my new Fezzy arrived in the country today (yay!)

I asked the dealer if they could upgrade the alarm to a Thatcham Cat 1 one, as I was under the impression it was a dealer upgrade...

But I was told that it could only have been done when it was built as it was a factory job.

Is that right?

No idea... i didn't hear of no factory option... wouldn't have had it anyway as all factory options for alarms are useless.

I got myself a Clifford canbus with all the toys for £400 fitted.

Does that mean an extra dongle on your keys?

I know that my dealers is fitting me a Thatcham Cat 1 alarm, with tilt sensors(for jacking up for alloys/towing) and for if someone bumps into the car. They are fitting it at the dealers. Ive been asking my sales guy for 2 weeks now to find out exactly what it is. He just says its fords own one and can only get the details of it once its installed and he has the paper work- im not happy with having something in the car that might not be 100% what I want. Id just like to know its my money and my car.

But to answer your question, my dealership(Benfield ford, york road,leeds) are fitting it.

Jay

ford dont fit them at factorys, they're considered after-market.. so the dealer is lying to you. Go to a different dealer.

Edited by DanGull
DO NOT use langauge like that on FOC. The policy on foul languge is clearly shown atop every forum on FOC. This particular use of language was so foul - and the topic so utterly inappropriate, that I'm adding a warning to your account.

Deal with it - you are the only poster in the past month whose posts I've had to touch, I just had to change something AGAIN - clearly the message is not getting through.

Im getting a thatch CAT1 alarm fitted by my dealer, £399 fitted with tilt sensors and "bump" sensors(cant think what to call them, pre warm beep on a small ding, alarm goes on second one or a big one)

Anywat I was flicking through ford webby speccing a focus for parents and as an option on the car it said Thatcham Cat1 alarm- £102

=O

Im going to ask my dealer about it because although 399 isnt a bad price how different can the alarms be from the fiesta to the focus, unless its because they might be fittted at factory,but still?

Anyone got any ideas?

Jay

Anyone got any ideas about my above query ?

Im going in tomorrow to pay for car and alarm.

Jay that's how much mine cost.. i got a Clifford canbus, they might be doing the same thing.. or they might no tell you its Clifford lol. make sure they give you a certificate as well. Mines got the glass sensors and exterior too.

He just said it was one of fords own ones when i pushed him for make and model of it but yes im going to be making sure I get a cert' for it, if its not fitted yet/no cert avalible(im not picking up until 19th april) then Im not paying for it there and then, il pay when its fitted and I can test its working

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club