Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 2011 1.25 zetec front discs keep warping

Owen Connelly

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, there must be something really simple we're all missing!  If you ever do find the fault, make sure to update us! :laugh: 

Will do mate 

30 minutes ago, Milkman said:

How hard did you curb it? The next investigation I would recommend is having the front end geometry of the car checked, it could be that the front chassis is bent out of geometry to a certain degree. Does the car run straight at low speed, level flat road, no hands on steering wheel or does it wander to one side? If that's what's causing your ongoing problem there is in my mind only one way you'd cure it, trade it in!

Yeah everything else is fine other then the break discs keep warping it’s weird, had loads of mechanics opinion and they can’t see anything obvious wrong with anything on the car 

35 minutes ago, Milkman said:

If that's what's causing your ongoing problem there is in my mind only one way you'd cure it, trade it in!

Myself I could never sell on a dodgy car to an unsuspecting buyer, such sales can come back and bite you hard these days.

A friend of mine badly smashed his wheel at speed, luckily the car body sustained no damage but the steering rack - alloy wheel - disc - caliper strut - wishbone had to be replaced, he also renewed the other side to match.

Sounds like hub bearings at fault to me . I had exactly the same issue years ago on a Mondeo. After 3 sets of new discs even the Ford dealer couldn't find the reason and it was only after they contacted Ford UK Tech services they were told to check the run out on Front hub bearings . Both sides were out of limits and Ford paid up even though car was well out of warranty as was probably faulty from manufacture.

58 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

Myself I could never sell on a dodgy car to an unsuspecting buyer, such sales can come back and bite you hard these days.

I wouldn't for a moment suggest not mentioning any faults regarding a vehicle in selling or trading it in, there are far too many of those types in the car selling World and not just private sellers!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

Sounds like hub bearings at fault to me . I had exactly the same issue years ago on a Mondeo. After 3 sets of new discs even the Ford dealer couldn't find the reason and it was only after they contacted Ford UK Tech services they were told to check the run out on Front hub bearings . Both sides were out of limits and Ford paid up even though car was well out of warranty as was probably faulty from manufacture.

Just heard back from my garage and they’ve done run outs on the hub flange and neither or them are straight but the nearside(where the impact was) is a lot worst obviously. They are saying could be offside caliper and hoses 

• 2 months later...

Finally got it sorted in February, I had a problem with the tracking keep going out so had a new steering rack put in then that problem was sorted! With the breaks I had the noise and steering wheel shaking/ vibrating come back so I took it to the garage they found the noise to be on the front right not the front left ( which the front left is the side I hit the curb) checked the run out and was worse on right side then left so replaced all the hubs and front right caliper and now no problem 6,000 miles later 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club