Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 focus steering judder

Jay035

New problem I noticed this morning at very low speeds intermittently if I turn the wheel right or left there is a juddering sensation, my alloys are mint and car has not been bumped over speed humps or potholes. 

No warning lights on show. 

Could it be the recent wet weather that is affecting this? 

Its only hit 5000miles any idea what this could be or what I should be checking? 

Mine does this, worse in Sport mode??, there is a software update available for the Power Steering module, hopefully this should cure it

Nice one, can't say I noticed in sports mode is there a list of updates for the mk4

Etis doesn't show any update for my vehicle accept the brake booster Software unless this is something to do with it? 

I noticed a similar thing on my Mk4 while parking on a wet road last week. As it's fine when be driven at normal speed and in normal weather I just put it down to a combination of the stability control system, steering correction system, low speed and the wet road

Yh that's potentially the case I didn't notice it today tbh

Although one of my rear tyres was low on pressure perhaps this can have an effect to. 

Its going in next month to correct a door edge protector and a seatbelt fastening sensor il ask them to run it through a scan tool to see if any faults are thrown up 

Fluid looks correct and there's no leaks present from what I can see I'm aware previous generation ford's has steering issues I'd like to think these are corrected on the current model 

Now a crackling sound when turning right or left when stationary... Is this rack noise normal? Does this when in D 

• 2 years later...

Apologies for jumping on an old thread...

I'm having the exact same steering wheel shudder issue as described here, on my 2019 Mk IV Focus. Anyone find a cause / fix? Many thanks.