Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote Start

Hamster

Having spent all my working life in the Motor Trade I'm rarely impressed by anything nowadays's but the New ST-LIne Edge I have has got Remote Start.

Its only available on newer Models which are Automatic (So it can be sure it's in Park) and is activated through the Ford App.

It is the best function I've seen for a long time.

H

I've had my car for a month now and, although I was initially intrigued by FordPass remote start, I've never bothered to try it.  I think I'll get more use out of being able to pre-set a satnav destination.  It's a bit like auto-park for me.  It's available but I'll never use it

I’m assuming you can warm up your car and defrost your windows, which at this time of year must be lovely from the comfort of your armchair. I’m not jealous at all. 😉 

REMOTE START

About Remote Start
The system allows you to remotely start the engine using the FordPass app.
The system can also adjust the interior temperature according to the settings that you chose.
Note:  All other vehicle systems remain off when you have remotely started the engine.
Note:  The vehicle remains secured when you have remotely started the engine. A valid key must be inside your vehicle to switch the ignition on and drive your vehicle.
Remote Start Limitations
Remote start does not work if:
  • The alarm horn is sounding.
  • The hood is open.
  • The transmission is not in park (P).
Enabling Remote Start
  1. Using the information display controls on the steering wheel, select Settings.
  1. Select Vehicle Settings.
  1. Select Remote Start.
  1. Switch System on or off.
Note:  To use remote start, make sure that the modem is enabled.See Network Connectivity. 
Remotely Starting the Engine
imagen2.dll?id=warning_owner&s=PNG&t=PNG  WARNING:  To avoid exhaust fumes, do not use remote start if your vehicle is parked indoors or in areas that are not well ventilated.

Use the FordPass app to start the engine.
Note:  The direction indicators flash twice.
Note:  The parking lamps turn on when the engine is running.
Note:  The horn sounds if the system fails to start.
Note:  You must switch on the ignition before driving your vehicle.
Remotely Stopping the Engine
Use the FordPass app to stop the engine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club