Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heko wind deflector logo removal?

StephenFord

Contemplating getting a set of these and wondered if anyone has actually removed the logo off them? I know in theory something like lighter fluid, or WD40, or nail polish remover would probably do the job, but would like an experience opinion to avoid me ruining the plastic!

1154681548_hekologo.thumb.jpg.ef6300f9c24145016b9bb89f5e099efa.jpg

Wd40 doubtfull and nail polish remover would probs melt the plastic. I will feel mines up after work and see what it's on with.

• Like 1

Definitely don't use nail polish remover. I made that mistake once, never again

Lighter fluid has always been my solvent of choice, it gets sticky stuff off pretty much anything without marking the surface! Also, 'acetone free' nail polish remover is another favourite, the 'real' stuff is usually too harsh as you discovered!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Contemplating getting a set of these and wondered if anyone has actually removed the logo off them? I know in theory something like lighter fluid, or WD40, or nail polish remover would probably do the job, but would like an experience opinion to avoid me ruining the plastic!

1154681548_hekologo.thumb.jpg.ef6300f9c24145016b9bb89f5e099efa.jpg

I'll check mine tomorrow but I'm 90% sure all that detail is etched in to the plastic unfortunately 

You could wax it with black T-Cut then to blend it in; it's not very noticeable anyway and there well worth fitting,

Really help clear the windows in front, prevent rain getting in and reduce wind noise on motorway,

I leave my windows slightly open all the time now with these fitted.

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Lighter fluid has always been my solvent of choice, it gets sticky stuff off pretty much anything without marking the surface! Also, 'acetone free' nail polish remover is another favourite, the 'real' stuff is usually too harsh as you discovered!

Acetone will turn perspex into frosted glass, 

I'm a chemical process operator; have each one on tap, isopropanol is best 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I'm a chemical process operator; have each one on tap, isopropanol is best 

That's interesting! I have just ordered a 70% dilution 500ml bottle of this to clean some medical monitoring stuff I have!

• Like 1

isopropanol is amazing stuff, usually the first choice for cleaning just about anything 🙂 

• Like 1

It feels like they are etched.you can get some levels of wet and dry sand paper 800 grit then work it up to 3000 for clarity. You get packs in eBay I had to get some for my headlights to remove glue from stupid brows I got at some point.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F282997361166

• Like 2

Think I'll try the solvent route first, most things like that are just printed on as proper etching is just too expensive a process, whereas as ink jetting is dirt cheap... I have also modded other items like watches to remove original ink logos and on this G Shock just used some acetone free nail polish remover and a toothpick!

gw7900 before after caption.jpg

Think I'll try the solvent route first, most things like that are just printed on as proper etching is just too expensive a process, whereas as ink jetting is dirt cheap... I have also modded other items like watches to remove original ink logos and on this G Shock just used some acetone free nail polish remover and a toothpick!

594471086_gw7900beforeaftercaption.thumb.jpg.af721857da8404778d507697f3761936.jpg
How come the screws on the watch face are different, did you change them too?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

How come the screws on the watch face are different, did you change them too?

Yes! I like to fettle LOL 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Before ordering these deflectors, I fully intended to remove the logo, however on receipt, the logo is far more subdued and discrete than I thought, so I just left them as is. I'm really chuffed to bits with them! I feel it my mission that if someone manufactures something for my car, I am duty bound to buy it LOL 🤣

723720505_beforeandafterdriver.thumb.jpg.08c2650edac0e5faf94bbea251d13c88.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Before ordering these deflectors, I fully intended to remove the logo, however on receipt, the logo is far more subdued and discrete that I just left them as is. I'm really chuffed to bits with them! I feel it my mission that if someone manufactures something for my car, I am duty bound to buy it LOL 🤣

723720505_beforeandafterdriver.thumb.jpg.08c2650edac0e5faf94bbea251d13c88.jpg

I'm makes a difference however had nothing but problems with the rear ones and ones fell off  somewhere so just use the front ones now lol

• Like 1

I wonder if mine being an LX makes a difference? It doesn't have electric rear windows, so the only time the rear window goes down is if someone is sitting in the back, which over the life of my car is probably a handful of times, so the rubber is very tight, like new. With electric ones, you'd use them more frequently as in hot weather it's a great way to cool down car fast and the rubber would wear out. Just a thought...

• Like 2

My kids were opening closing mines too much so guess one got loose and went to the land of road kill lol and mines is a style so manual windows.

• Like 1

Aahhh... the advantage of not having kids just ticked yet another box! LOL 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, F0CUE said:

My kids were opening closing mines too much so guess one got loose and went to the land of road kill lol and mines is a style so manual windows.

Cheap cordless drill in Aldi with an L shaped wrench will sort your windows one on each side fitted at 45degree downwards 👍

I use the Climair deflectors, they use 3M tape for the rear windows which is now near impossible to remove without breaking them! 3M tape isn't too expensive, so it might be worth having some lying around for mods or emergencies. I've seen the stuff hold a broken licence plate together for three months before being replaced!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club