Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash cam

Crafty14

Hi all,

I have a Fiesta Eco-boost Titanium X, so it has the really large rear view mirror shroud behind it (which I believe houses the auto wipers & auto lights sensors?). As such it's really difficult to position my current Nextbase 312GW dashcam. I currently have it positioned right in the way of the passengers view, but its view is obscured as the wipers don't reach high enough to clear the rain on that part of the windscreen.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a dashcam that fits nicely on this model? I'm looking at perhaps the cylindrical shaped dashcams. I don't mind not having a screen on it, I just want at least 1080p and 60fps quality.

Thanks for your help!

1 hour ago, Crafty14 said:

Hi all,

I have a Fiesta Eco-boost Titanium X, so it has the really large rear view mirror shroud behind it (which I believe houses the auto wipers & auto lights sensors?). As such it's really difficult to position my current Nextbase 312GW dashcam. I currently have it positioned right in the way of the passengers view, but its view is obscured as the wipers don't reach high enough to clear the rain on that part of the windscreen.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a dashcam that fits nicely on this model? I'm looking at perhaps the cylindrical shaped dashcams. I don't mind not having a screen on it, I just want at least 1080p and 60fps quality.

Thanks for your help!

I would recommend a dual cam kit with seperate control unit

Look into the camdii k2s

The camera can be stuck onto the black shroud in the centre just low enough to get a good view, you will barely notice it

Control unit can be hidden in the glovebox

I plan on upgrading to this unit soon, currently using a Blueskysea DV526 which is also a pretty good camera but just looking for slightly better quality recordings and some extra features that the camdii provides

• Like 1

I had my "wedge" style dashcam in my fiesta. I believe it's the A119s I have.

I get what you mean about the wipers. I first installed it on the passenger side and couldn't see anything. Fortunately the drivers side wiper goes up higher so move it to that side of the mirror housing 'thing'.

Also due to the wedge style, it just looks like another sensor on the windscreen as opposed to a big camera.

You could hardly see the camera on the drivers side though. If anything the screen changing the picture all the time was the most annoying, so I set it to turned the screen off after 30 seconds. It sits a lot closer to the windscreen than a "normal" dash cam. Plus no bulky suction mount to worry about so really wouldn't be intrusive unless you put slap bang in the middle of the screen.

• Like 3

Hi all,

Thanks for your help!
I fitted a Mobius camera in mine by separating the lens assembly and buying the extension cable. Pretty stealth, but I do have the main body attached to the back of the shroud so I can access the SD card.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Hair said:

I have Viofo A119S and I installed it like this:

dashcam.jpg 

(Left-hand drive cos Finland..)

Mine's similar to yours.  Same postiion just the Aukey DR02 so similar 'wedge' type.

Visibility isn't brilliant but it's the best it can be I guess.

• Like 1

100% the A119 and look at the reviews as they are better than all these £300 ones and i have footage direct from mine and is A1.

I have just got the new one the A119v3 and i have had from the normal V1 and still have the 119s and the older one but i have front and back with the V3.

Don't stick out like a brick like the Net base ones and hides away good as on the picture above.

This is a old picture of mine and mine is just a bit lower so it doesn't catch the plastic surround on the right when its recording.

IMG_0097.JPG

• Like 2

Have a New Happy Year!

I'm the owner of Fiesta Mk8 2019 1.0 EcoBoost and I want to install a Viofo A129 dashcam.  Please tell me where  (to which fuse on inside box) connect the HK2 hardware cable. I want use the dashcam only when I drive. Thanks

Gianni

On 12/28/2019 at 8:26 AM, jace1969 said:

100% the A119 and look at the reviews as they are better than all these £300 ones and i have footage direct from mine and is A1.

I have just got the new one the A119v3 and i have had from the normal V1 and still have the 119s and the older one but i have front and back with the V3.

Don't stick out like a brick like the Net base ones and hides away good as on the picture above.

This is a old picture of mine and mine is just a bit lower so it doesn't catch the plastic surround on the right when its recording.

IMG_0097.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club