Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coolant tempature OBD reading 70 degrees

gibbo1471

Could you do the dash trick please stephenford and see what the temp is on yours 

Mine states 105 using dashboard trick  engine temp 

Gibbo I have the same 1.8 petrol engine as you in an 07 plate Focus. Mine is running a little cold as well .. the dashboard test mode menu shows around 115c-117c  once fully warmed up after good run. I believe it reads approx 40c higher than the actual temp so should read 130c. 

Hooded thank you for that I am getting the thermostat changed today by my mechanic not an easy job stupid location I believe they fail as the thermostat is hooded on by 2 plastic brackets and they go frail and snap making the thermostat always open 

10 hours ago, gibbo1471 said:

Hooded thank you for that I am getting the thermostat changed today by my mechanic not an easy job stupid location I believe they fail as the thermostat is hooded on by 2 plastic brackets and they go frail and snap making the thermostat always open 

How much did he charge to change it? 
can you let me know the fully warmed up running temp in the dashboard test menu after replacing it please. Cheers

Hooded had it done yesterday the dashboard test now says 130 degrees so was that runs better nowy mechanic changed the thermostat all the drive belts and oil change £120 the thermostat is a nightmare to change 

8 hours ago, gibbo1471 said:

Hooded had it done yesterday the dashboard test now says 130 degrees so was that runs better nowy mechanic changed the thermostat all the drive belts and oil change £120 the thermostat is a nightmare to change 

Yeah, Because my Focus is only a cheap run about (not my main car) I might not bother changing it since it’s a pig of a job. The heaters blowing nice and hot after a few minutes driving in cold weather, so unless the mpg starts taking a big hit I’ll live with it. Mines not running quite as cold as yours was at the moment though. 
cheers. 

• 1 year later...

Hello,

my problem is:

Gauge on 120C, Goes up when temp on maintence screen show 143C. Real temp of motor is at that time 105C. Fan works fine, even when AC in turn off. In that case water must be all over the place. But its all fine. the coolad hoses are not too hot. I replace sensor under fuel filter, but temp goes up. any idea? 

It daily happend in the same hill. I drive around Corsica, I made 2000km all works fine, came back on my hill, happen again:)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club