Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Offer query

chrisp

Hi everyone

Registered around 10 years ago and not posted since then! Looking at upgrading my 09 Fiesta that I have had since new and looking at the Vignale. I have had this offer on PCP and wanted people's thoughts on whether it was good or not. It is part of a scrappage deal for the old one and to be honest was expecting a bigger saving with that but what does this deal look like to others?

It is the standard Vignale in premium colour (chrome blue)

On The Road Price: £18949.36

Customer saving: £3575.64 (£2000 scrappage saving £1575.64 Ford saving)

Deposit: £2500

Finance deposit contribution: £1000

Optional Final Payment: £8387

38 Monthly Payments of £185.85

What is the list price of the vehicle, what have they taken off it for you?

What is the £1574.65 ford saving? Is that from Ford or the dealership?

That is the dealers saving. They are saying they have taken off 2000 for the scrappage and the 1574 as their saving. Could I get a better price than this or does it seem reasonable? Are prices likely to drop again in Jan?

My advice is to go on Drive the Deal and have a look at the target price of the car, if it lists at £21,500 then you should look to get at least 10%, if not more. Plus the £2000 scrappage and the £1000 contribution on top of that. Those two figures don’t come out of the dealers pocket. 

Prices ‘may’ drop just before the new plates come out or at their year end - depending when that is. If you get a pre reg Vignale with delivery mileage then there will be more savings there. And at the year end and before plate changes the dealers want rid of their stock.

Dont be scared to ring a Ford dealership further afield and ask for a quote, tell them you have a quote already and want them to beat it but don’t tell them what their trying to beat. Tell them to offer their best price and you will compare it. The £2k scrap and £1k finance contribution will be the same all over the country so it’s a case of seeing who wants the deal.

i don’t know if that is a ‘good’ deal because there is nothing to compare it to which is why I’d advise speaking to 2 or 3 dealers. Sometimes buying a new car from a dealer 200 miles away and paying for a hotel overnight can still be cheaper than buying from your local dealer.

i always tell people that if you are happy with the deal then that’s what matters, but do some research and get at least 2 prices. Once you get their ‘best’ deal you need to play one off against the other and keep going back to the other saying ‘the other guy will do this’, can you beat that.

• Like 2

Thanks for the response. I have been on Drive A Deal and they are quoting £18,425.90 so about 500 less than my quote but I am guessing that would be without the 2000 scrappage so should the price be closer to 16,425 as my aim?

Are they saying the car is £18,949 including all the discounts?

3 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Are they saying the car is £18,949 including all the discounts?

Yeah they are saying this is best price they can do. Initially it was around 400 more but got them down.

Without knowing the list price of the car I can only guess but, it looks like the dealership has given you a discount of £1574. 

Then they have done a bit of smoke and mirrors stuff with the £2k scrappage making it look like it is from them, when really it is a government figure. 

Basically the 2k scrappage, the 1k finance and 2,5k are getting give to the dealer for nothing, all they have done isn’t knock the £1574 off the car, drive the deal are offering £18425. then your deposit, the scrappage, and the £1k finance would come off that price.

it would be worth ringing the dealer that quoted £18425 and discussing it with them and see what they say when you talk about the scrappage scheme.

I Was just checking up and it seems that the scrappage scheme this time round is not government funded, like it was before. So the £2k May be more of a dealer thing, that said you have an offer of £18425 on the table without the £2k scrappage scheme so there’s is still one room there.

the £18425 should come down more, but if it’s doesnt then you are still cheaper to go there and then sell your own car to we buy any car for whatever it’s worth, maybe £750 witch you get to then keep.

does that make sense?

sorry for my previous mistake about the government.

Thanks again, I have replied saying I have found this offer without scrappage and seeing if they can beat it. Looking online at face value though it does seem to be a good price. My other option I suppose would be to go Titanium instead but I am so tempted by the sunroof on this model!!

Thanks again, I have replied saying I have found this offer without scrappage and seeing if they can beat it. Looking online at face value though it does seem to be a good price. My other option I suppose would be to go Titanium instead but I am so tempted by the sunroof on this model!!
Good plan.

You've had your previous car 10years, I am guessing that this is another long term purchase? (I tend to change every 20months lol) if it is then get what you really want, and what makes you happy.

For me personally the sunroof is nice but not a deal breaker, in the real world of climate control etc you tend not to use a sunroof much. It can leak, the cover can break, it can whistle etc although that's worst case scenario.

The titanium is a good spec but I'm sure the Vignale offers a lot more than just the roof.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sunroofs are not an alternative to air con when you think about it! My own '02 Mondeo Ghia X estate has climate control AND sunroof which is the main reason I'm trying to keep it on the road. Nothing nicer than opening the roof on a dry day, warm or cold and feeling a bit of breeze... but that's me. 

Sunroofs are not an alternative to air con when you think about it! My own '02 Mondeo Ghia X estate has climate control AND sunroof which is the main reason I'm trying to keep it on the road. Nothing nicer than opening the roof on a dry day, warm or cold and feeling a bit of breeze... but that's me. 
I didn't mean they were an alternative as such, but for me I prefer climate control - not air con. If I'm using climate control then opening the sunroof is counter productive.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Don’t you need air con on for climate control to work correctly?

I have it on all the time in mine and just set the temp accordingly.

I have the Panoramic roof on my titanium.  I didn't spec it as I got the car at a year old.

I really didn't think it would be much use but I have to say, during the summer, I had it open every single opportunity.  It's a lot better than having the side windows open and I don't wanna run AC / the blower continually.

Having said that, I woldn't buy a specific car type based on that as a deciding factor.  Mine does indeed creak and rattle to some degree so, as Jon mentions, that should be taken into account.

As Jon has intimated, it's a nice to have item but you should get the car you want, not be forced down a route to get a speciific, even though handy, feature.

Talking sunroofs, It's quite enjoyable to have it open in winter too-with the heater on full, of course. Creaks and rattles? Not on my 18 year old Mondy. I also like to look up occasionally to see the sky,  not just another part of my otherwise fully enclosed tin can. And for me, it's the main feature I look for in a car.. (my Renault Scenic had 2!).. a shame Ford made it an optional extra on the facelift Mondeo instead of a standard feature..as they're as rare as hens teeth on later cars. 

4 hours ago, nicam49 said:

Talking sunroofs, It's quite enjoyable to have it open in winter too-with the heater on full, of course. Creaks and rattles? Not on my 18 year old Mondy. I also like to look up occasionally to see the sky,  not just another part of my otherwise fully enclosed tin can. And for me, it's the main feature I look for in a car.. (my Renault Scenic had 2!).. a shame Ford made it an optional extra on the facelift Mondeo instead of a standard feature..as they're as rare as hens teeth on later cars. 

Mine's a panoramic moon roof I'll have you know 😜 🙂

Creaks and rattles are a feature lol. 

look at carwow used them for my last two fiestas and had very good savings , you can build your own spec etc and see what dealers all over the country are offering well worth a look.

PS regarding carwow you can compare  offers for buying pcp or leasing your choice of car.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club