Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Road Sign Recognition

Donald Scothern

Does the Ford Ecosport have Road Sign Recognition. If so where do I get it to display

No I'm afraid it does not, I was disappointed to find that out as most cars do these days.

Thanks for the reply. Just thought the 2020 model will have it as I do find it an additional help on speed control.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To be honest, you are not missing much.

It gives too many false readings to be useful. It was a nice gimmick for a few days, and I was pleased to have the technology on my dashboard.

However, after too many false readings (eg 80mph in 30mph zones), i just switched it off. I experienced the same problems in Hyundai and Volvo.

God knows how they will get to autonomous driving, when they can't even get these basics right.

If only we had some other way of determining the speed limit.

Oh wait, we do.  Eyes and brain.

12 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

If only we had some other way of determining the speed limit.

Oh wait, we do.  Eyes and brain.

You could say that about any convenience feature and yet you don't own the "pauper" spec Focus, so there must have been some features you wanted, you could have used your eyes and brain for.

• Like 1

I'm not the greatest fan of "technology" as most of you will know by now, but I have to say I find the TSR system works pretty well. I have found in most cases where I get a false reading, it's not the system itself that seems to be at fault, but usually badly placed and maintained road signs that the camera misreads or fails to see. I've had numerous instances of TSR not changing when it should and, where able to investigate, have found a road sign problem. For instance, there are signs completely hidden in bushes, there are 2 national speed limit signs near my home which are just a white disc (the black diagonal having completely faded) and a couple more where the system sees signs at a junction applying to a minor road going off at an angle which are so badly placed they appear to the camera to be on the road I'm driving on. In some places signs are just missing altogether. The system should eventually "catch up" via the GPS but that is often not up to date either particularly where there have been long term temporary limits. 

I certainly agree with earlier posters that unless these issues are addressed the forthcoming compulsory speed alert system (let alone autonomous driving) just won't work.

• Like 1

Bought the stx as it had the most powerful petrol auto at the time.  Tends to be you can't get one without the other.  Wanted reverse camera as there's low posts in the work car park that are impossible to see in the gloom.

Didn't tick any of the optional driver aid boxes and have found the ones I do have either pointless (cornering lights) or downright annoying (collision avoidance)

• Like 1

Yeah, I know what you mean. I got the ST-L X to get EATC but unfortunately it means having stuff I'm not really bothered about. Looking at the current spec I might do without if I bought another Fiesta as the X now comes with even more stuff I have no use for!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a luddite.  Abs, seatbelt pretensioners, cylinder deactivation, I can see the point of these.

But some of these aids I think are replacing skills any driver should have.

I find these aids very helpful. There's that many idiots on the roads these days that it's not possible to see everything whilst watching the car in front  and looking out for people playing with there mobile phones whilst crossing the road.I've been driving for 55 years and 54 of those was without any aids but it's nice to have them, on the odd occasion I find them annoying but I wouldn't be without them now.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, billyboy said:

I find these aids very helpful. There's that many idiots on the roads these days that it's not possible to see everything whilst watching the car in front  and looking out for people playing with there mobile phones whilst crossing the road.

When I started it was 30 in town and 70** everywhere else, so pretty easy to know the limit, but now with 20,30,40,50,60 and 70 limits plus temporary limits for roadworks and variable limits on M-ways, a bit of help doesn't go amiss! (**The 70 was still supposed to be a temporary measure at that time, iirc, a bit like Income Tax which was only a temporary measure to pay for the Napoleonic Wars, I believe!😀). 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club