Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fault code P1102 help on 1.5 tdci focus

Alan.rae

So about Four weeks ago now I was coming home from work when I got a service engine now like come up on my dash and kicking the car into limp mode so took it to a local garage to see what it was 

Got told it was fault code P1102 which is a MAF sensor so got it replaced with the part from ford them self but replacing the sensor had made no difference as it keeps coming on and 3 different garages now one of which was ford cant tell me whats is causing the car to keep given me this code its been reset so many time now i have forgot and its been checked to make sure there is no updates etc . . For it its a 2016 focus 1.5 tdci has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you get it sorted 

• Like 1

@Castleh was at a local garage for 6 hours and they checked the car over and the guy is good at what he does but him ford and a 3rd garage cant find what is causing the code to keep coming up 

Have you tried the air filter... or is there anything blocking the air intake duct,  eg leaves..? 

@nicam49 it got a brand new Bosch air filter at the same time the MAF sensor was replaced there is no crack or split pipes no blockages no bad connections etc . . . I cant understand whats causing the problem

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I'm having same issue here with my ford galaxy 2l tdci, changed the airfilter and new maf from ford but still throws the same p1102 code when the car hits 3000rpm? Looked for a air leak but couldn't find any visual leak. Did you manage to find a fix? 

• 2 months later...

same problem with fault 1102. air filter, maf sensor, egr valve replaced and dpf cleaned. problem persist. and start and stop system not always working . i really dont know what to do next

• 1 month later...

I had this problem and plagued me for about 18 months, many garages visited, various cleans used and all typical items replaced and checked.

With the generic code it could be a lot of things but in my case it was the heat exchanger attached to the egr valve. Had to remove egr unit and take the cooler off. It was clogged with carbon and took a serious amount of cleaning (about 2 days). Air was getting through but just but after cleaning and putting back together the engine is running better than before and issue is resolved in my case. 

Hope this helps someone

• 4 months later...

I have been living with this p1102 for 6 months and started changing from maf, map, throttle body, injectors egr etc... No cure after digging in deeper last week decided to check my timing guess what after I locked the flywheel the cam hole gone passed 1 tooth from the timing hole then I investigated it further to find out why it has happened, found the culprit there is a tiny pin on the engine block to hold the tensioner pulley which is not there so the tensioner was stretched the belt to move forward by 1 tooth. So change the belt and water pump from gates. And the car running as sweet as before and the performance and power restored. Hope anyone with p1102 before changing any parts check your timing and easy way to check lock the flywheel first then try lock the cam then you will know where you standing. Hope it helps someone as I spent £2k instead of £200.

• 1 year later...

Helló mindenki ha a hiba nem szünik meg a vezérlés cseréjével ki kell a vezérműtengelyt cserélni.

• Confused 1

Nekünk a vezérműtengely cseréjével oldódott meg!

45 minutes ago, BMW said:

Nekünk a vezérműtengely cseréjével oldódott meg!

It was solved for us by replacing the camshaft!

That's probably because of poor quality BMW engineering 🤣

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club