Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk8 various rattles !!

Eng_Ahmad1986
聽Share

hello to all ,聽

mine is mk8 fiesta ecoboost 1.0 automatic , 9 months old, current mileage is 10k miles, various frustrating rattles started to appear, the dashboard rattles as you drive, specially on a rough road ( doesn't have to be very rough !! ) , and this rattle is different from the heater pipes rattle that happens with engine rpm, the front doors Speakers rattle ( specially with bass !! ) , I don't have a panoramic roof, but a friend of mine has and its giving him pain already , it rattles too much !! so we all agree that the fiesta has some rattles , but that much ? it is supposed to be a premium brand ( Ford ) and made in Germany ( Germans are known for high quality regarding assembly) , I'm really frustrated, so if anybody experienced one of these rattles can shed the light on how to get rid of it ?!! thank you very much for considering 馃檪

Well, unfortunately it's just true. The MK8 rattles a lot. Some people seem to be lucky, I wasn't so lucky either. I fixed the Speakers though, it was only on one side and it's the small compartment which rattles. You can usually stop it by stuffing it with gloves or a scarf. I fixed it by opening it as much as I could, and then push some foam material in between. I went to Ford for it two times, and they sort of tried to glue it together which didn't really help it a lot. The panoramic roof only rattles on mine when it's really hot outside and the sun has been on it for a full day, I can fix it by opening the roof for a few minutes so some parts seem to cool down.聽

But yeah, it shouldn't be this way. Maybe it will be fixed on a MK8.5, but so far I hoped Ford would have taken it a bit more serious as we're not the only ones complaining and yours is far newer than mine. My best advice; don't be too kind for your Ford dealer. Just go back when it rattles, they should be able to fix it. And Ford needs to know something is wrong.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Martijn89 said:

Well, unfortunately it's just true. The MK8 rattles a lot. Some people seem to be lucky, I wasn't so lucky either. I fixed the speakers though, it was only on one side and it's the small compartment which rattles. You can usually stop it by stuffing it with gloves or a scarf. I fixed it by opening it as much as I could, and then push some foam material in between. I went to Ford for it two times, and they sort of tried to glue it together which didn't really help it a lot. The panoramic roof only rattles on mine when it's really hot outside and the sun has been on it for a full day, I can fix it by opening the roof for a few minutes so some parts seem to cool down.聽

But yeah, it shouldn't be this way. Maybe it will be fixed on a MK8.5, but so far I hoped Ford would have taken it a bit more serious as we're not the only ones complaining and yours is far newer than mine. My best advice; don't be too kind for your Ford dealer. Just go back when it rattles, they should be able to fix it. And Ford needs to know something is wrong.

actually Ford dealer here in Egypt works by the trial and error way !! if I complain about the dashboard rattle for example, they will dismantle it and reassemble it again, producing more and more rattles, and at last they will say its normal, that's what keeping me of going to the dealer about these rattles, they will just try to fix the same way we try, and perhaps even worse !!

2 hours ago, Martijn89 said:

Well, unfortunately it's just true. The MK8 rattles a lot. Some people seem to be lucky, I wasn't so lucky either. I fixed the speakers though, it was only on one side and it's the small compartment which rattles. You can usually stop it by stuffing it with gloves or a scarf. I fixed it by opening it as much as I could, and then push some foam material in between. I went to Ford for it two times, and they sort of tried to glue it together which didn't really help it a lot. The panoramic roof only rattles on mine when it's really hot outside and the sun has been on it for a full day, I can fix it by opening the roof for a few minutes so some parts seem to cool down.聽

and by the small compartment, you mean the interior door trim ? or that pocket compartment with the bottle holder ? If you can guide me please so I can try to fix it my self I would be very grateful to you聽 馃檪 馃檪

I experienced the buzzing rattle when listening to loud music. You can take things apart etc but it will just keep coming back. To resolve my noise from the doors during louder music, I fitted a wave diffuser behind the front Speakers and quite a bit of sound deadening material onto the entire door panels. It has helped a lot but if you try hard enough, the noise will be just about hearable in very extreme circumstances.聽

• Like 1

On 12/26/2019 at 1:13 PM, Eng_Ahmad1986 said:

and by the small compartment, you mean the interior door trim ? or that pocket compartment with the bottle holder ? If you can guide me please so I can try to fix it my self I would be very grateful to you聽 馃檪 馃檪

Yeah it's the pocket compartment! I found this is what caused my rattles at "bassy" songs. I pulled it a bit apart, and it is connected with a plastic connector to the door itself. This connector breaks easily, what happened on my car, and therefore starts rattling. I opened the gap between this compartment and the door (where it closes, so say halfway at the door), and just placed some isolation foam in between. This fixed my issue. Let me know if it's not clear enough, I can try to make a photo聽for you.

But yeah, it just shouldn't happen at all. I'm pretty amazed how many people I hear about rattles and buzzing noises, and how little I hear from it at Ford. According to my dealership it's not a common issue.聽

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Martijn89 said:

Yeah it's the pocket compartment! I found this is what caused my rattles at "bassy" songs. I pulled it a bit apart, and it is connected with a plastic connector to the door itself. This connector breaks easily, what happened on my car, and therefore starts rattling. I opened the gap between this compartment and the door (where it closes, so say halfway at the door), and just placed some isolation foam in between. This fixed my issue. Let me know if it's not clear enough, I can try to make a photo聽for you.

But yeah, it just shouldn't happen at all. I'm pretty amazed how many people I hear about rattles and buzzing noises, and how little I hear from it at Ford. According to my dealership it's not a common issue.聽

no its all clear now thank you very much for this nice explanation, I will try to mess around ( cautiously !! 馃槃 ) with this pocket and see if this helps, again thank you very much 馃檪

@DG97 quite a hard work and after all of this it isn't completely fixed !! I'm really surprised , I've owned a Hyundai ix20 before for 7 years, and a Skoda Felicia Combi for about 22 years !! not a single rattle !!

Mine seems to have an intermittent聽buzzy rattle coming from the glovebox area. Almost sounds like the sound of an electrical arc across the contacts of a switch or relay!!!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Piston Head said:

Mine seems to have an intermittent聽buzzy rattle coming from the glovebox area. Almost sounds like the sound of an electrical arc across the contacts of a switch or relay!!!!!

is it related to Engine RPM ? or with acceleration specifically ? because if so then its the infamous heater pipes rattle聽 馃槃

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Hi there guys, just replying incase anyone is still having this issue I have seemed to solve it in my mk8 st line which was rattling from passenger door, like many overs have said you press against the lower plastic just under the arm rest bit and it will stop but that鈥檚 not use, I鈥檝e tried jamming tools in for quick fix but I鈥檝e just been using some sound deadening from when I chance my speaker, the stuff that鈥檚 really sticky and actually doesn鈥檛 look half bad with what I鈥檝e done, you use trim remover tools to pry the panels apart from inside of the car helps if doors open though, just jam it in until it鈥檚 in enough to not be noticeable and looks clean, works the trick for me,聽

hope this helps anyone who鈥檚 still struggling with this issue I can now enjoy my music driving like a maniac and not have to cope with the awful Rattle!

Here鈥檚 an image as you can slightly see the black sticky backing on the sound deadening is jammed on the rattly parts of the trim!

IMG_2403.jpeg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club