Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Christmas mods

wilto
聽Share

On 1/4/2020 at 4:47 PM, wilto said:

Glad you guys got them for a good price, AND they work and fit as they should, I watched a video on YouTube warning of cheap Chinese copies, that's why I bought the ones of autobeam. Wished I'd seen your good reviews about these earlier.馃槱

Did you run into any issues getting the caps of or anything?

No, I've got various trim removal tools, so popping the mirror covers off weren't a big issue. The only slight issue I had was the connector on the new indicators were quite thick, therefore trying to push them into the existing bulb holder were nearly impossible, I had to shave the connector with a Stanley blade to get them to fit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wilto said:

... I had to shave the connector with a Stanley blade to get them to fit.

Love that! Many would send them back saying they don't fit, nothing wrong with a bit of fettling, bet you have a shed too LOL

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

bet you have a shed too

Yeah it called a focus 馃ぃ馃ぃ

• Haha 5

Love that! Many would send them back saying they don't fit, nothing wrong with a bit of fettling, bet you have a shed too LOL
You would be proud of me then lol. When I did mine I encountered a problem with the connector. If you pushed the connector right up to the hilt of the OEM plug then the circuit would break, if you left them 'half in half out' then they would work but the connection was not watertight.

My fix was tin foil! Made two very thin lengths of tin foil and made the connectors longer so that they would remain in contact with the plug. I was quite impressed with myself lol.

My mate over the road bought some new headlight lamps and he broke the retainer clip fitting them. Couldn't get one the same so got one that was slightly wider at the top but wouldn't hold the bulb in unless it was pinched tight. I used one of my daughter's hair bobbles lol. I can be quite resourceful at times - a skill that is not put into action with all these 'millenials' who just send stuff back [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I am a certified cable tie technician, driving articulated trucks for a living I've always got a selection of them in my bag 馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, wilto said:

I am a certified cable tie technician, driving articulated trucks for a living I've always got a selection of them in my bag 馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀

I've always said that if you have a bunch of cable ties, some gaffer tape, and a can of WD40 in the boot, you'll always get home... 馃槀

• Like 2

If you can鈥檛 fix it with cable ties, you鈥檙e not using enough cable ties.聽

• Haha 2

fitted these today look great and easy to fit

25 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

fitted these today look great and easy to fit

Where did you get yours from after John?

15 minutes ago, wilto said:

Where did you get yours from after John?

got mine from auto beam